Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Wheany posted:

you can try EleutherAI's 6 billion parameter model online here https://6b.eleuther.ai/

lmao

prompt i wrote (i used to be a news producer, this was easy)

quote:

The lobster-like Alexander Lukashenko farted in a barrel on Saturday. It was the latest blast from the Eastern European dictator, who claimed his farts would power the nation's beloved KGB. His beady eyes filled with tears as he described the powerful stench.

result:

GPT-3 posted:

The lobster-like Alexander Lukashenko farted in a barrel on Saturday. It was the latest blast from the Eastern European dictator, who claimed his farts would power the nation's beloved KGB. His beady eyes filled with tears as he described the powerful stench.

"I know that many people will say that it smells like a Russian sausage, but it does not," Lukashenko said. "It smells like a foreign sausage. It smells like a fart from a Westerner. It smells like a fart from a German. It smells like a fart from a Frenchman. It smells like a fart from a Polish man. It smells like a fart from a Dutchman."

I was sent to Siberia to try and find out what the man was up to. I'm here to tell you that he's probably got the smelliest rear end in all of Europe.

On Saturday, I was given a lesson in how to do business in Russia by Alexander Lukashenko, the president of Belarus. He is the world's most powerful dictator, with an army of 1.3 million and a reputation for torturing dissidents. He also has a big butthole.

"I am the president of a small country," Lukashenko said. "Belarus is a small country, but it has a big heart. A big heart. I don't need to prove that. The entire nation knows. Everyone knows that my rear end is big. It is big. I am sure that you have seen it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lmao this is great

input

Beeftweeter posted:

In a tweet on Saturday, tech entrepreneur Elon Musk called for the "immediate liquidation of the proletariat" so that "I can take their poo poo instead of buying it. I alone am the only one capable of running everything". Musk, the world's richest man, said that he would prefer kleptocracy over capitalism in the United States because "I need more stuff" and that "raising money is hard, so I should just be able to take what I want". He explained that sending the working class to their deaths would result in "a better stock price for Tesla, probably"

output

GPT-3 posted:

In a tweet on Saturday, tech entrepreneur Elon Musk called for the "immediate liquidation of the proletariat" so that "I can take their poo poo instead of buying it. I alone am the only one capable of running everything". Musk, the world's richest man, said that he would prefer kleptocracy over capitalism in the United States because "I need more stuff" and that "raising money is hard, so I should just be able to take what I want". He explained that sending the working class to their deaths would result in "a better stock price for Tesla, probably" and that "I can always buy a new one".

In an interview on Sunday, Musk defended his call for "economic annihilation" and said that he had been "joking". He also said that he had been "very disappointed" in the United States' economy, adding that it was "the worst I've ever seen".

"I don't think it's that funny," said Musk. "But if I'm the only one who gets the joke, then I'm the one who gets to make the rules. If I say something is funny, then it's funny. If I say something is not funny, then it's not funny."

The idea of mass murder to boost the value of a company's shares has been a long-running tradition in Silicon Valley.

The idea of the working class being slaughtered in order to enrich the shareholders of a company has been around since the late 19th century. In the early 20th century, the American inventor John Galen Howard popularised the concept of "economic annihilation" in his book, The Conquest of Bread. Howard advocated the total destruction of the American working class in order to maintain the value of his own company, Howard and Sons. He wrote that the working class "must be killed as the bees are killed, that the machine may run".

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

big scary monsters posted:

you're meant to generate new stuff, not just quote directly from tomorrow's financial times

input in bold

GPT-3 posted:

Oracle founder Larry Ellison said he supported Musk's call to cull the poor. "Elon is right. It's their fault they don't have enough" and said he would provide funding for Musk's elimination squads. When asked if Musk's request for funding also categorized the world's richest man as "poor", Ellison responded, "He's the richest man in the world. He's not poor."

Musk said he could not take funding himself because he would not be able to find people willing to work on the project.

"I don't want to be a part of that," he said.

"It's not about who gets to be in charge, or who gets to decide what happens. This is about a massive, world-changing project that needs to be done and I don't think there are any good choices."

The project is Musk's attempt to reduce the number of humans in the world.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
jfc as fun as this may be it really makes me worried about the implications for the spread of believable disinformation

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
corporate hot dog stand

quote:

Steve Ballmer was angry. He was also incredibly high on peyote, and he had just eaten an entire anniversary cake. "You know," he started, spewing small chunks of yellow cake from his mouth as he spoke, "I'm not really sure if I can do this."

"Yes, you can," said Steve Jobs, taking a drag of his own joint, blowing the smoke out his nostrils, and then blowing it right back in.

"No, I can't," said the Microsoft CEO, frowning and shaking his head. "I don't know how to do this."

"You can do it," said the CEO of Apple, "because you have to."

"Well, I can't," said Ballmer, feeling increasingly confused. "How am I supposed to run a company?"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lmao i think i broke it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

quote:

The walls were moving again. "Oh, my God, I'm starting another dimensional shift," said Mr. Ballmer, the former CEO of Microsoft. It was the fourth day of my visit with Mr. Ballmer, who insisted that we smoke methamphetamine together as soon as I had arrived. I initially rejected his offer, but his security guards made it impossible for me to leave. Mr. Ballmer shot out of his chair and began pacing, mumbling to himself. "I need another loving shirt" he said, "because this one is loving soaked." It was true; this would be his forty-seventh shirt change during my visit. "I... want... another... loving... shirt."

I grabbed a pack of cigarettes and lit a smoke. Mr. Ballmer was quiet for a moment, and then he started talking again. "I'm the best at what I do," he said. "I don't know why people don't realize that."

"Because you're a billionaire, right?" I asked.

"Yes, but I'm better than them. I'm a loving genius."

Mr. Ballmer was referring to his former company, Microsoft, which he said was "in trouble."

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

quote:

There were only two paths forward — either I'd have to jump through the Goat Man's gaping anus, or be set on fire.

"Well, I'm not going to try and run away from you, am I?" I said. "So, I guess it's a leap of faith for you, isn't it? You're going to burn me alive, you're going to kill me."

I made my way to the Goat Man's anus.

"Well, I guess you're just going to have to take your chances," I said. "See, I'm going to have to jump."

I walked up to the Goat Man and leaped through his gaping anus.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol

quote:

As I approached, the man made a bizarre booing sound. I asked him what he was doing, but his vacant eyes never once looked up, and he seemed to have soiled himself. Elon Musk was in the doorway, grinning. "I don't think he can hear you," he said, "he's in the Matrix." I asked Musk what he meant, and he began describing a virtual world much like the movie series, generated by the implant and networked with other users. Whether or not that was the case for the man was impossible to tell; because the implant can't be controlled from the outside, the man would never be able to tell us. I asked Musk how he knew that to be true; he said "obviously it's just an example. Experiences may vary." But the only thing the man seemed to be experiencing was brain death. "We haven't exactly figured everything out and networking is still in alpha," said Musk, "so I don't know. They seem happy enough." He showed me four more "beta testers", all wearing diapers and a strange, blank expression. "Our users," said Musk. "This is going to be a little gross, but I'd like to get it over with. And it's pretty accurate. In fact, we're pretty sure that you're the first person to see this, and that's why we're here." He leaned in close to the man's forehead. "He doesn't really have a brain, but he's got an implant that's still alive and connected to the rest of the network. This is the implant, by the way." The implant was the size of a small coin, and appeared to be made of a thick, soft material. It was attached to the man's head by a clear, flexible tube that had been surgically inserted. It was hard to tell how long it had been there, but it was clearly a foreign object.

"This implant will eventually replace the one that you have, and then it will continue to grow, and we think it will continue to grow for the rest of your life. This will be your brain, and this will be the rest of your body. And, of course, we have some new features that we're working on. We're working on some very interesting things that will allow you to be connected to the internet, and to other users. In fact, the implant is connected to the internet right now, and we're getting ready to connect you to it."

I asked Musk if he was saying that this man was a real person. He looked surprised by the question. "Well, obviously this man is not a real person," he said. "He's a machine. A machine that's being used to test our implant."

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Wheany posted:

and also: at least with the page i linked and when using openai, in theory you can be rate limited, but i ran the 1.3B model on my own computer with 8GB VRAM.

assuming the 6B model uses about 3x the memory, you can easily fit it in a single 32GB nvidia tesla v100. it costs ~$12k, which is not exactly pocket change, but also isn't completely unrealistic for a small operation or even a figgieland computer toucher

i still just have a gtx 970, i don't think any of this poo poo will work well on it lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i too like to wear a balaclava whilst shitposting

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
is there a web version of that kind of poo poo too for those of us with puny gpus? trying poo poo like "the tallest penguin in Dresden", "extremely unsettling mustaches", "celebrities with too many teeth", "girls that like fluoride way too much", "sludgy aerosols", "caterpillars that refuse to grow", "military surplus glow in the dark garden hose", etc. might be fun

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yyeeessss

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Coward posted:

Holy poo poo:

lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

e:

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 8, 2022

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

in my day we had to photoshop our own funy bear pics :colbert:

seriously though those are a little scary, i fear our horrible ai-generated future

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol

i hate the episode where odo kills everyone!

quote:

Deep Space Nine has the worst example of the "filler episode" that I've ever seen. The entire episode is just one long, pointless story about Odo killing a bunch of aliens, and it's all just horrible, and makes no sense at all.

Plus, Odo was on the planet to interrogate a bunch of the aliens, which is the whole point of the episode, but there was no point in having him go back to the station after he killed them all. He could have just interrogated them all at the station.

I don't think the episode was that bad. It was just badly edited.

uhh

quote:

Deep Space Nine is the worst Star Trek series.

In the Star Trek franchise, Deep Space Nine is the weakest, most uninteresting and poorly written. It has the lowest number of episodes, the least memorable plots, the fewest memorable characters and the worst story arcs.

It's also the only series where the main characters all seem to be struggling with depression.

The only exception is Avery Brooks who is a really good actor, but he's not the main character.

For the record, I would rank the following episodes as the worst:

"Ensign Ro"

"Threshold"

okay i think this kills the GPT

quote:

Deep Space Nine was the worst series in the history of Star Trek.

It was the last great Trek series, but it was also the first. It was the series where Trek became about political and social commentary, as opposed to the more straightforward adventures of the original series. It was the series where Trek became about a society on the brink of collapse. It was the series where Trek became more about pessimism and melodrama than optimism and hope.

It was the series where Trek began to lose its way, but it was also the series that brought Trek back to its roots.

yes? no. yees? no.... yes!!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FMguru posted:

https://twitter.com/StrongBadActual/status/1534171416618274818

someone got dalle to generate images of "strong bad checking his email"

the homestar runner gang spotted it and decided to animate the results and provide strong bads voice

that's neat but the input and result (and a ton of other dall-e stuff) show a worrying level of sophistication that makes me fear the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

i haven't read penny arcade in maybe 20 years and wow, it's actually uglier (the characters look totally different, but worse?) and less funny than i remembered