Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
oh you didn't write your own markov algo? shame on you, trig. all of my _ebooks bots are bespoke hand crafted garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
gonna plug this fella again

https://twitter.com/oracl_ebooks/status/675102868035256320

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
did someone just make this account itt? i don't remember:

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/138815/20160305/deepdrumpf-is-an-ai-powered-twitterbot-that-tweets-like-donald-trump.htm

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

getting pretty close to beating Turing test itt

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

angry_keebler posted:

i think my next time wasting project will be to build one of these that also curates the output to generate only valid english

like, compare the seed text to an english word dictionary to strip out and find the subset of words most likely to be proper nouns and arbitrarily assign those a gender and use them to replace a percentage of pronouns

then run the output through a spell/grammar checker and let it do it's best to autocorrect and if there's something the check can't correct just excise it or generate new lines

the problem with this is sometimes the real gems are where words are misused but in such a good way it almost creates new slang.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
with all the twitter bots i've made i never thought to make a vanity one before. think i'll look into making @TheRealNecc0 next time i'm bored at work

no clue if it'll be boring as poo poo or actually good. i'm guessing boring

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
also pro tip for bot-makers: i know when you first fire it up you're excited and whatever but seriously please set it to only post once every couple of hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
that's bannable fwiw you may want to soft-peddle that