Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celot
Jan 14, 2007

I wish I were an inch taller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celot
Jan 14, 2007

I think that the legalistic wishes are actually multiple wishes, because they have "and" in them.

I wish I could be transported back in time to the year 1999. I wish I could have my mind transferred into my 1999 self. I wish I could have that whole process repeated any time I like just by drinking a can of diet RC cola.

Celot
Jan 14, 2007

Undead Hippo posted:

Have you ever read the Kurt Vonnegut novel "Timequake"? Everybody in the world has their consciousness sent back 10 years in time, only to realise that their actions are deterministic and that they repeat every action they had previously done, step by step, with their consciousness not directing matters.

If at any point you drank a can of diet RC cola since 1999 that wish also leads you into an infinite and eternal time loop, where you observe the actions taken between 1999 and your can of cola, powerless to do anything. Forever. (This will happen anyway, even if you didn't drink the cola, as your deterministic body makes the same time loop causing wish in 2016, over and over again.)

Actually I would have died after the first wish. I would be transported back in time, but not in space to 1999. I would find that the earth has moved and I am just floating out in space with seconds to live.

Celot
Jan 14, 2007

I wish that modus ponens is invalid.

• Locked thread