Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I wish he would be a nice genie instead that would be willing, able, and capable with regards to fulfilling all of my wishes including this one, regardless of any other hurdles normally applied that would cause my wish or intent to go awry from what I wanted.

e: Can't forget to follow with a wish that no genie would be able to hurt, kill, or destroy me or mess with any of my wishes including this one and the previous in any way, shape, or form, including the use of proxy actors, the next being that I instantly get access to as many other wishes I need to make to guarantee I'll be able to do everything I'm interested in doing with this power, and one more that the genie will be willing, able, and capable with regards to informing me of anything I else I forget to add either to make my intent in future wishes clearer or to protect myself from common wishing pitfalls.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I wish to be a powerful and amoral demon.

There - genie gets to be malicious and I get super powers. Everyone is happy.

You never said anything about staying on Earth. Turns out that 'powerful' is a relative term and you were only thinking compared to other humans when you should have been thinking compared to other demons in Hell. Hope you like running errands or similar scuttling about for eternity where most everyone else can still kick your rear end!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Cynic Jester posted:

But what if you already killed all of them yourself?

Take that, genie.

You are now a quadriplegic. The estate of the person who died after crashing into you had a very generous provision for this sort of thing.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Don't you just need to add "and ensure that at all points in the future I remain satisfied with my wish (and don't change what constitutes 'what I am satisfied with')" to the wish? That way you're guaranteed to never be disappointed by the wish.

That only works as long as 'you' exist and 'what I'm satisfied with' doesn't change at all for any reason though. Hence you might get a forever groundhog moment where time as we know it just stops because neither you nor the universe are allowed to change, or you might die immediately and your wish gets corrupted right afterwards.

• Locked thread