Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I wish for the only change to the universe to be that in my bank account there be deposited $10,000,000,000 of legal US currency with no account of origin

They most probably would count it as error. Include a clause that only you can remove the money, and that no one can close the account down until all money has been removed, and that you will always have access to it.

However, it's probably easier to go with a clause of society accepting this 'gift' as legitimate and not in any way corrupt or secretive.

What do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

Infinite Karma posted:

I wish that my kitchen sink granted wishes, benevolently interpreting them according to the wisher's intent, when any coin was tossed in the water.

10,000 years later, a spotless, undamaged kitchen sink is uncovered by a bedraggled, hard-done-by hobo in an old landfill as he is rummaging- perhaps for lost treasures or for some sort of food. His exhausted mind is not really sure. He tosses his last coin in through some sort of exhaustion or defeat- maybe even just to hear the sound of metal ringing on metal, through sheer fluke a wish runs through his stained mind, a dark, almost imperceptible thought. He has no idea it will be granted, but his disturbed mind thinks this way often these days. 'I just wish humanity never existed.'

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

Infinite Karma posted:

That assumes I wouldn't run a goddamn train on that kitchen sink, immediately. Probably ending with the kitchen sink being turned back into scrap metal.

Ah, but there would be something like that. After all, your malicious genie knew such a thing would happen, so he made the sink invulnerable to time, nor rust, nor physical destruction of any kind. There will always be cracks the sink can slip through, us being humans.

Take for example the archaeological dig instead. They have found the sink and a selection of our old earth coins from pre-spaceflight/nuclear holocaust/whatever. They drop one of the coins into the sink.
Who knows what some pimply, weedy intern working on an archaeological dig is going to wish as he fumbles over ancient, priceless coins and drops them all over the place like a clumsy fuckwit? It would happen eventually.

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

Infinite Karma posted:

After using the benevolent kitchen sink's wishes to get everything I wanted, including getting rid of all the malicious wish-granters, what's to stop me from wishing for the sink's destruction? Or wishing that it can no longer grant wishes?

Hell, benevolent wishes could include time travel. "Good" immortality. Veto power over other wishes (sorry nihilist hobo/archeologist). As long as the kitchen sink is powerful enough to grant any wish, it kind of doesn't matter what the malicious genie did, the sink can fix it.

Point conceded. The sink wins. However it's still a pretty easy thing for someone to discover/use. I would also wish that it would only work for yourself, lest a nosy servant of aforementioned godking find that his powers come from a specific source.

• Locked thread