Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I wish that my kitchen sink granted wishes, benevolently interpreting them according to the wisher's intent, when any coin was tossed in the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Sialia posted:

10,000 years later, a spotless, undamaged kitchen sink is uncovered by a bedraggled, hard-done-by hobo in an old landfill as he is rummaging- perhaps for lost treasures or for some sort of food. His exhausted mind is not really sure. He tosses his last coin in through some sort of exhaustion or defeat- maybe even just to hear the sound of metal ringing on metal, through sheer fluke a wish runs through his stained mind, a dark, almost imperceptible thought. He has no idea it will be granted, but his disturbed mind thinks this way often these days. 'I just wish humanity never existed.'

That assumes I wouldn't run a goddamn train on that kitchen sink, immediately. Probably ending with the kitchen sink being turned back into scrap metal.

edit: Abusing unlimited benevolent wishes is barely worth writing about. Who says there would even be hobos in 10,000 years after god-king Infinite Karma makes the world awesome?

Infinite Karma fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 14, 2016

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

After using the benevolent kitchen sink's wishes to get everything I wanted, including getting rid of all the malicious wish-granters, what's to stop me from wishing for the sink's destruction? Or wishing that it can no longer grant wishes?

Hell, benevolent wishes could include time travel. "Good" immortality. Veto power over other wishes (sorry nihilist hobo/archeologist). As long as the kitchen sink is powerful enough to grant any wish, it kind of doesn't matter what the malicious genie did, the sink can fix it.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

If the genie is really good at his job, that wish might be "no wish". Any wish the genie grants could be a net negative, but your life might still be worth something without wishes.

• Locked thread