Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I too have a robot cleaning slave! It's a 651 (aka the 650 with a firmware update cause why let Europeans update their firmware when you can sell them a whole new model!)
I gotta say that I'm pretty surprised how well it handles my pretty weird apartment. And it's pretty cool that it cleans under my kitchen. I have to clean it pretty often though since we have three long haired people in this household and it really can't handle long hair.
Big design flaw though: the black/white wheel it uses to determine its speed is in front of the cleaning mechanisms. So it gets all the hair and dirt first and tends to get stuck if not cleaned regularly.
I didn't even notice at first but the roomba suddenly started stopping in the middle of the room and changing direction. Then I noticed the wheel was barely turning. It also fucks up the return to its dock since it cant handle the discrepancy in signals from the dock and the wheel.
The dock also easily gets pushed around when it cant find the charging connectors on first try which can lead to it being pushed somewhere inaccessible and the roomba making the sad noise.

Generally I'm pretty happy I bought it. My wife too.

Is there something like a button lock on it though? Getting up at night to turn it off because the cat sat on it and turned it on is no fun...the bastard doesn't even ride it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread