Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Game: Cobbold's A Horde type CYOA
System: Homebrew PbP system where you vote by doing, and every voter is a player!
Format: PbP Orokos Dependent
Players: 20+ (Right now hard cap is 39, but we're hopefully getting more soon.

Description:

Every year and a half or so on the blood moon doors are shut, curtains are drawn and people hide in their homes. As the red light from the lunar eclipse reaches their doorsteps people do everything they can to keep themselves safe. For every Blood Moon some of those who are caught out in the light… turn.

And that's exactly what you are, a creature in the night, a lone faceless creating their own memories and forging their own lives through the crafting of weapons, the casting of rituals, and the music of violence

Cobbolds is incredibly simple to play, you just make a character, and roll a d100 when you vote for an option, I then tell you your results in a big post with everyone else's results! Why play Cobbolds?

Every Player gets their own drawing!

We have fan arts!

We have animations, and custom music that I make!

https://i.imgur.com/sUYltNJ.mp4

And Hyper-Leaf!

So please scroll back up and click the link, or click it here! Join us on this journey! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3930775#post506147417

Do you want to ask questions? Just @Boba Pearl (she/her)#3458 On DogKisser's CYOA discord, or the CYOA Official Discord!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeSockmonkey
Feb 19, 2013
Started up a CYOA we are an ice age hunter-gather starving who knows what will happen next.

In the Time of the Mammoths

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It's another good chance to get into Cobbolds, we've done a ton of upkeep and base management stuff, and we're doing a siege. If you haven't played a Horde Type CYOA before :justpost: We'll work through it together!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Boba Pearl, we get it, you're doing Cobbolds. please stop

No shutup, we've got a new game now, and it's called

[God Game/CYOA]Ancient Gods and Shinobi Team - Ninja Magic Pirate Fortress

You play either an ops team managing squads of ninja on deadly missions to keep your place as the top ninja household in the realm, or you're gods of the realm, trying to interact with the world, and slowly using your powers to help (or hinder!) this group of deadly ninja.

Gods players have their own CYOA, and can change any part of the story, by using their boon.

Ops players have their own CYOA as well, but ontop of that, their getting together teams of ninja and sending them off on deadly missions. You'll learn more about these people if you interact with them or ask them questions, either wise their faceless numbers you send out to die for the good of the land.

If that sounds interesting to you, we're recruiting both OPs always, and Gods for right now! So please come join along with me.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 17, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Sorry last post, if you bounced off of the God Game I posted, I re-did the OP to be a lot more hook-y and less confusing, I'd love it if you gave it a second chance?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Adventures in Winter: A Fairy CYOA

Set in a unique fantasy universe (the setting of my novel "Fae Child" coming December 2020) you play Treadle, a playful and slightly idiotic fairy in the elven kingdom of Winter.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I have a game where you bet on monster fights! All of the crunchy rule stuff is hidden from view, just make a cool monster and bet on which one will win!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3943519&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post508826286

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
I'm running something different from my usual fare:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3945307

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I started and completed Beyond the Canvas, a Sci-Fi CYOA.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3942620

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hungry for more Beaten Lands? Our adventure will resume again, but for now, enjoy retail adventure in Beaten Lands Second-Hand, a Beaten Lands retail miniventure where you get to guide a shopkeep through opening their own small second-hand shop! Current vote is to select a race for our protagonist:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...6#post509238590

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

This story is called kitty quest, and it's a tale of a Powerful Ancient Sorcerer, cursed to take the form of a Cat. What kind of hijinks will she get into when a wild Fox chases her back into the town she swore she'd never return too? You'll have to read to find out! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3947716

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Fractal Adventures in Epic Histories - A Microscope CYOA

Time to write a history - its a blank slate so far, but with your help, something epic can form!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
With knife fight over and done with, I have room on my plate for a new game!

This one is a racing game, you all get a drawing of a space ship and try to be the first to get to a planet where one the world's most dangerous war criminals live, and Blow It The F* UP!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3949630

Make your ships, and come play!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

It's A Beautiful Night in the Forest, and You are a Murderous Tree Spirit

Come join my new, shorter term CYOA, where you get to murder humans for defiling your magical forest. Literally just has been posted.

Gothic Rite
Dec 22, 2020

The visions of the elders were oracular, though in their terror they kenned not what they saw. When I triumph in this new combat, this unseen and still place beyond reason and closed eyes, what wonders of knowledge will be my plunder?
A Fledgling in Napoli (Vampire: The Requiem 2e)

A new vampire in 16th century Naples is embraced, joining a young and secretive Ordo Dracul. Choose tarot cards to determine their fated path.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál
No Such Thing As Luck - Star Wars - it's pretty wide open right now, but if you like the Star Wars galaxy, come and vote for when our game is set!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

A Magistrate's Tale, a CYOA I just started. Play as Enkidel, from Paradise Lost, as he willingly walks through an interdimensional portal to see what happens!

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Try on The Pointy Stick of STAVKA, in which we play a person unfortunate enough to live in a time and place that sees them participating in the defense of the Soviet Unions western front.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mouse Guard: It's like Redwall, except instead of weird race politics, everything is bigger than you and wants to eat you.

After almost a year away because of 2020 being 2020, I'm back and ready to take another crack at this whole CYOA thing.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Join Goonar Eclipse - Sure, we died before the game even started, but that's not a huge deal since our brain was backed up. The memory loss from data corruption is a bit more worrying. Who are we again?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
YOU ARE A MONSTER. YOU HAVE ONLY KNOWN PAIN SINCE YOUR INCEPTION ABOUT 5 MINUTES AGO.

You can escape. You must escape.

Escape from Lab 619: YOU ARE A MONSTER

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm writing in Re:Birth, a MMO CYOA once more, so it's the perfect time to catch up with the latest on our favorite evil-empowered soul stealing fairy smith...

Wow!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've updated this spiffy thread's thread tag, I hope it delights all of you.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It sure does.

Any political CYOAs recently. I missed the LBJ/Reagan attempts.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

I've updated this spiffy thread's thread tag, I hope it delights all of you.

:everstrike: :enkidel:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Unsure if I should post this here, since it's in GBS, but I started a cyberpunk CYOA called WIREHEAD, where you have to scrape by to make ends meet in whatever ways you can come up with.

I even took the time to make a cool title text for it:

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
My old CYOAs are all wrapped up, and so I started my new one, Pointy Stick of STAVKA, in which our poor but intrepid Finnish rebel Arto has to survive being a member of the Red Army in 1942!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Started a new Xianxia CYOA called Dawn of an Age in which rather than following in the footsteps of those primordial ancestors from the dawn of time, you get to be said ancestor and forge the path for yourself. Hopefully people can lead our protagonist to glory rather than having them be bitten by a cultivator snake in the middle of the savanna.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I've kicked off a Wicked Ones CYOA. I've never done this before so I'll probably do it wrong and things will go terribly. On the plus side, "doing it wrong and things go terribly" is a pretty good pitch for a Forged on the Dark game about being evil dungeon villains. We're still in the first vote, so come on down to our lair

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Marie & The Adventurer's League

In this story, you follow a young Sea Elf woman named Marie. Marie is a league chaser, she's on a mission to join the Adventurer's League, a noble goal for any young up and coming mercenary. There's just one problem, she doesn't have a crew, and she can't pay the licensing fee. That's ok though, because one day, Marie is going to be the most famous adventurer known across the global spanning Empire.

Marie and the Adventurer's League updates Every Other Thursday!

Next Update 5/13/21

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Ironsworn- Starforged

i'm using the kickstater pdf to have a go at running Starforged, the scifi version of ironsworn.
And I already managed to spell iron wrong in the title......

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Grey Hunter posted:

And I already managed to spell iron wrong in the title......

You're good. :)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
*wanders into thread from the Awful Survivor thread*

holy

poo poo

there are so many CYOAs. i feel like a real maroon for not thinking that'd be the case in The Game Room of all places. I just assumed all CYOAs were in LP or GBS. this is world-shattering. so many threads to see. so much to read.

this thread is amazing!

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Once upon a time they were in GBS, and there have been LPs of literal CYOA books, but yeah for the most part this is their home now.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Sally posted:

there are so many CYOAs. i feel like a real maroon for not thinking that'd be the case in The Game Room of all places. I just assumed all CYOAs were in LP or GBS. this is world-shattering. so many threads to see. so much to read.

I will ever and always recommend The Fragile Gods of Somewhere, Break Down That Gate! and The Lord of the Tower by DogKisser for a few grand old reads that are easy to get into and hard to escape.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I love Fragile Gods so much.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Scribbleykins posted:

I will ever and always recommend The Fragile Gods of Somewhere, Break Down That Gate! and The Lord of the Tower by DogKisser for a few grand old reads that are easy to get into and hard to escape.

Enthusiastically seconded, and not just because I played BDTG!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Nthing the love for DK's threads. He's a treasure.

Also, just so you know there's a discord server for the CYOA community that's been around for a couple of years now.
https://discord.gg/uDCNCUVJWP

Come join the wrongvoters.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

I'm doing a CYOA playthrough of the amazing gothic horror solo RPG Thousand Year Old Vampire.

We build a vampire together, and see how they weather the cruel fate of the ages and maybe have a blood orgy on the way.

Check it out here if you're interested: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3967604

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I burnt out a little after writing 400 pages of CYOA MMO, so I'm stepping away to make a second big project!

Xin Wu, Cultivation CYOA.. I'm cross posting this on both SV and SA.