Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
and it was full of the nicest, most supportive people i've ever met. namaste, also if you have questions about what it's like to be a loony i will field them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

congratulations on finally moving out of your parents' house

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

symbolic posted:

lol

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
one of the group therapy handouts was on not taking yourself too seriously

Aug 4, 2010

cool, so what do you do all day while inside?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Did you draw a picture of the dragons chasing you? It's easier to identify them that way.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

How much did your stay cost you?

Are you on some kind of government list now? Could you get a job as a teacher?

Did you get laid in the loony bin?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Do you like anime.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

are you still crazy or did they cure it

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

waitwhatno posted:

How much did your stay cost you?

Are you on some kind of government list now? Could you get a job as a teacher?

Did you get laid in the loony bin?

nothing or very little, i have great insurance.

i am not on a government list since I was technically voluntary. at least that's what they tell me. they have a funny definition of voluntary though, I checked myself in but if I then asked to leave I would have been held against my will and put on the DOJ's list.

i did not get laid and it was not a very sexy place.

www posted:

cool, so what do you do all day while inside?

mostly group therapy. I socialized a lot with the other patients, did a big puzzle, did some coloring(very zen), and we had a bunch of VHS movies to watch. there was cable but I couldn't find any worthwhile channels. I also borrowed a book and read that.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Parallax Scroll posted:

are you still crazy or did they cure it

i feel a lot better but I'm still crazy

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Sheep-Goats posted:

Do you like anime.

i like hayao miyazaki's spirited away.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are u a virgin?

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man
Baker act?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

What do you think, how many posters on the something awful forum have prodromal or full blown schizophrenia? Be honest.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

i feel a lot better but I'm still crazy

that's good to hear

what sort of weirdos were in there

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
What is your major malfunction?

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
can we trademark 'Looney Gunes' ?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

mostly group therapy. I socialized a lot with the other patients, did a big puzzle, did some coloring(very zen), and we had a bunch of VHS movies to watch. there was cable but I couldn't find any worthwhile channels. I also borrowed a book and read that.

drat. Sounds kinda nice.

What were you in for? Suicide? You seeking therapy outside now?

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

symbolic posted:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Darth123123 posted:

Are u a virgin?

nope, and a 19 year old kid asked me that when I was in there in front of a couple of old ladies.

don't know what that is.

waitwhatno posted:

What do you think, how many posters on the something awful forum have prodromal or full blown schizophrenia? Be honest.

at least a few, but i think mood disorders are probably very very common here

Parallax Scroll posted:

that's good to hear

what sort of weirdos were in there

i had a few roommates. one was a kid who kept telling me about his black belt in kung fu(delusion). one talked to himself constantly and made weird like... injecting motions. he was hard to communicate with and I was a little scared of him at first but he wasn't dangerous. another told me in the first 5 seconds of meeting him that he was in there because he was gonna kill people and was detoxing off drugs. another lady got naked in the cafeteria. another lady screamed at me that her daughter(astranged, ward of the state) was, at that moment, being raped by a guy named pomo.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

drat. Sounds kinda nice.

What were you in for? Suicide? You seeking therapy outside now?

yes & yes. my therapist actually was the one who had me go in.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

one of the group therapy handouts was on not taking yourself too seriously

Could you please scan it and post it in the Prometheus sequel thread

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Op I'm glad you didn't kill yourself and are getting the help you need. Unironically

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Tujague posted:

Could you please scan it and post it in the Prometheus sequel thread

i'll consider it

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Op I'm glad you didn't kill yourself and are getting the help you need. Unironically

thanks man. people have been mad supportive and it's honestly been very very moving.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
take care of your moms and grandmas make sure they aren't addicted to opioids because that is some real poo poo

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm genuinely glad for you and hope you get better soon. Good luck!

(Break everyone and everything that tries to break you.)

Baby Beer Stein
May 7, 2012

How was the food?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Spent a week inside myself after a suicide attempt everyone was honestly pretty cool given the circumstances. There's less outright lunatics and more sad broken people in there than you'd think.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Howd you react when the indian guy tried to smother you with a pillow

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
So how did they catch you before it was too late? You got any cool scars now?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

PartyPlatter posted:

How was the food?

it varied a lot. the turkey was awful, the meat loaf was good. we filled out a menu each day of what we wanted the following day. we had access to snacks like popsicles, juice, crackers, peanut butter, etc in between meals. the unit was split into 2 levels. level 2, where I was, had this stuff. level 1 was for the really dangeorus/disturbed people and they typically had no privileges.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
New York State is garbo though, even though Cooperstown is an ace hospital you can't smoke on anything deemed medical grounds in NY which let me tell you what is not a good factor going into rehab or a mental ward!!!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
TBH, I think that coming straight to SA after getting out of a mental lockdown is not very healthsome.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

notZaar posted:

So how did they catch you before it was too late? You got any cool scars now?

no, but a really nice dude in there showed me a loving gnarly scar on his wrist from his first suicide attempt. I reported to my therapist that I was having progressively more elaborate thoughts. i had a plan, a method, and a date set, but when I went to the session that day I wasn't feeling that suicidal and I told her about it.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shaquin posted:

New York State is garbo though, even though Cooperstown is an ace hospital you can't smoke on anything deemed medical grounds in NY which let me tell you what is not a good factor going into rehab or a mental ward!!!

you can't smoke here either, people had nicotine patches.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

thanks man. people have been mad supportive and it's honestly been very very moving.

I've had a few friends that succeeded in their suicidal behaviour, and they just didn't realise how many people cared for them. Hopefully you have a better perspective on things now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Devian666 posted:

I've had a few friends that succeeded in their suicidal behaviour, and they just didn't realise how many people cared for them. Hopefully you have a better perspective on things now.

this experience has probably changed my life.

• Locked thread