Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.

Derek Barona posted:

Anyone watching this or playing it for the first time who got to this point, even knowing what he was about to say, that claims they didn't get a serious chill down their spines at "To Nibelheim." is a goddamn liar.

Its really the best bit of storytelling this game has, IMO. You've seen Sephy be a total bro to pretty much everyone (most notably Angeal, Genesis and Zack). You've come to appreciate him as an actual good guy for once. You've learned and realized that he really is the hero the FF7 world's lore made him out to be.

And yet, its here that you realize, he's going to jump right off the slippery slope and never look back. And because this is the prequel, there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.

Schwartzcough posted:

So Cissnei doesn't die or anything? Just seems weird for her to be introduced as a minor character, and then just kinda evaporate into irrelevance as of FFVII. But I guess they needed more females on the cast.

And how old is Tifa supposed to be here? Seems like she should be too young for the hooker cowboy look. But I guess not if she's about Cloud's age, and he's in the military.

Its because of that JP-only game, Before Crisis, that Cissnei exists. In BC, the player is a fully customizable turk, and generally speaking they're referred to by their weapon and gender, IE "Rod (Male)" when speaking of a specific turk from the game. Its plot has some crossover with Crisis Core's, so they took Shuriken (Female) and made her Cissnei.

Tifa is 20 in FF7, and Nibelheim is 5 years prior, so..... yeah..... she's 15 here....

• Locked thread