Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Southhouse- posted:

Pretty much my exact reaction to the second part of the fight. I was not expecting that from a Mario game. Is it possible to have Luigi in the audience for this fight? If so, that's pretty funny / messed up.
It's easier to see in some audience "formations" than in others, but there is a conspicuous group of Toads on the right-hand side that Hooktail will only ever eat.

Edit: you can actually see it in the hard Hooktail fight, where the entire rest of the audience is Koopa Troopas.

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
I really do enjoy how the Mario side-games (Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi) get the opportunity to invent their own villains. We wind up with stuff like the X-Naut's duality of bumbling and aloof but also strikingly competent; also, it's one of the few chances to see Bowser in a role other than "antagonist".

But the last two M&L games fell back on Bowser being the big bad, plus Sticker Star did and it looks like the new Paper Mario will too.

• Locked thread