Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Yeah. I'm self-employed and insure through the marketplace, and every year I just plug in my income information and it shows me my available plans and the premiums I actually pay. The subsidies happen completely transparently, and you reconcile them at the end of the year with your taxes (and occasionally may have to submit a copy of your tax return or income statements to verify things, but that may only be for us self-employed jerks). It's remarkably easy, and I'd be actually kind of happy with the process if I had more than two insurance companies in my state and one of them wasn't garbage.

$140 for family sounds pretty drat good and I'd want to double-check that. I pay about $170 for just me, but then again my genetics are to chronic illness what a nail is to a hammer, I'm at the age where Nielsen doesn't give a poo poo what I watch anymore, and I live in a state which would gladly supply magic beans instead of health insurance if it could get away with it.

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread