Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
The last time I went to a health care broker, he tried to sell me all kinds of poo poo insurance. For the health insurance, he literally just asked us for the information and typed it into the same websites we had already looked at. I would look around and see if there's a good broker in your area, but be cautious. Also, make sure you take the lack of insurance into account when you negotiate your new salary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

So yeah I check out the marketplace and find that all the plans for family of 4 are like 900-1400 a month. Of course I'm thinking how the gently caress is this affordable health care when its 4 times what i'm already putting out, and even when considering employer kick in, its still double that. I did end up on that ehealthinsurance to compare and found the exact same plans at the same price - for example a bleu cross plan shows as $855 on both sites. BUT on the eHealthinsurance site it shows the amount after tax credits as like $150/month which is a lot more reasonable and would allow for better policys to be more in line with what i'm leaving for around the same premium
Have you gone through the ACA website and seen what credits you'll be getting? I don't qualify for any credits and the cheapest insurance I could get is $650/mo for me and my husband. $150 a month for a whole family sounds insanely low to me, but if you're at a low income it's not inconceivable.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

I believe it's behind the scenes and you will just have to pay the discounted rate, but I'm not certain. Also, I don't know if you're joking or not, but Obamacare has made health insurance much more affordable for the people who need it most. It's not as good as a true single-payer system, and I hope we'll be getting a better deal in the future, but it's certainly a step in the right direction.

• Locked thread