Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
In this age of the inflating education bubble, respectable employees nowadays will care more about how you perform on the interview than your education track record. I have some experience on the hiring side (for engineers like me :)), from what I've seen there's some iffy correlation between resume/screening quality and interview quality, but not much else to go off of. Sometimes the MIT graduate with shiny honors is good, sometimes s/he can't operate a butter knife. Sometimes this engineer from a different discipline with poor grades you think you have a good feeling about turns out to be a waste of time, sometimes just the genius you were looking for.

So it's your pick. You can lie. I don't think that's a big deal. What can they do? Even the cleanest business is basically built to exploit. There's nothing wrong in playing that game, really, as long as you can spin it so that it's a good thing for everyone (if you can't think of how, don't take this route).

You can be honest too and tell yourself you don't want to work for people who would reject you on these grounds. I think both are great choices. It's your call!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread