Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Marenghi posted:

It's not particularly common to ask the secondary credentials. I've only noticed one other who did it. I thought it's really weird to be honest.

I would have put N/A but the application had no valid way of doing that. And it was only one tiny part of a much larger application that I didn't expect it to ever be mentioned again.

The thing is if I lie its hardly going to be found out. Getting records that old isn't so easy. And I'm pretty sure privacy laws mean they aren't allowed to try access them.

Sorry, but you (probably) hosed up. Even if they themselves can't get them, I don't see them buying that you can't produce them. Schools in first world countries tend to not just lose records. All it would take is a quick phonecall from you and theoretically you'd be able to get a copy.

You are right that they don't have any bearing on your current education, but their problem isn't going to be their relevance, it's going to be that you lied on your application. Maybe you can get away with it with your "lost to time" excuse, but the chance that someone might go back in check will always be looming over you. Being honest probably won't work either, but there's a chance you can play it off like "oh I made a mistake, I meant to put N/A" or something. Either way I don't see this interview going very well, but of course it depends on the interviewer and how strict they are - I'm sure there are people who let this kind of thing slide as long as your real qualifications are good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread