Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The TVIV rules are pretty clear, once a show airs, spoilers are no longer needed. This show "airs" once it gets put up on Hulu.

This was a pretty crazy episode. I was waiting for Frank to finally start beating on James ever since he first walked up in the bar. Every time they got together I was thinking "this is it, Franks going to beat the poo poo out of him." It will be interesting to see how these events play out in the future, especially with that newspaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So when does it get put up on hulu?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's already up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

So when does it get put up on hulu?

It shows up when Sunday turns into Monday. I refreshed Hulu last night before I went to sleep and it was already up.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
That bar scene was cringey as hell. No tact, Jake.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 23, 2016

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
MASH, 4077th

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

grapecritic posted:

MASH, 4077th

I have to wonder how many people are going to get this joke. I don't know if everyone spent every night watching MASH reruns like I did.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I have to wonder how many people are going to get this joke. I don't know if everyone spent every night watching MASH reruns like I did.

When he said that I realized that I could probably bullshit my way through a conversation about the Korean War since I saw it so much. :cool:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

That was a great episode. A lot of tension, and a fantastic twist at the end.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Was that a quick shot of the card hat guy? There's a scene when Jake crossed the street on Halloween night and a person walked right in front of the camera, looked like him.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
Aw, wasn't that nice of them. Even with the town changed from the book's town to small-town Kentucky, Beverly Marsh still managed to show up.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."

FreezingInferno posted:

Aw, wasn't that nice of them. Even with the town changed from the book's town to small-town Kentucky, Beverly Marsh still managed to show up.

Holy poo poo, she was Edna!!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kingtheninja posted:

Was that a quick shot of the card hat guy? There's a scene when Jake crossed the street on Halloween night and a person walked right in front of the camera, looked like him.

Yes.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

grapecritic posted:

MASH, 4077th

STOLEN VALOUR

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Holy poo poo. Duhamel deserves some kind of award for most menacing on screen presence.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.
Did I miss something? Why did Jake see blood splatters as he was walking in the house, but Frank hadn't killed anyone yet?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

He was visualizing the story.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
Wonder if he's going to keep using that alias, since he basically did everything possible to give the cops a slam dunk murder case on it.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Wow. Amazing episode. My heart was racing the whole time. Duhamel and franco were both excellent

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't know why Duhamel finally picked this show to do some actual real acting in, but hey I'm glad.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

X-O posted:

I don't know why Duhamel finally picked this show to do some actual real acting in, but hey I'm glad.

Well let's be honest, Transformers and Win a Date With Tad Hamilton weren't exactly the best material to start with.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

Holy poo poo, she was Edna!!

And Martha Kent in Smallville, which now explains why I thought she was so drat familiar.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I just finished the second episode and I love where I think this is going.

That abusive husband couldn't have been more of a King villain if he tried.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

weinus posted:

Did I miss something? Why did Jake see blood splatters as he was walking in the house, but Frank hadn't killed anyone yet?

He broke his wife's wrist. You could see the bone sticking out when she was cowering.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That abusive husband couldn't have been more of a King villain if he tried.
Maybe if Franco looked into a room at the butcher's shop and it had "CRIMSON KING" or other crazy ranting in it.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

King characters are all over the place here. The extremely unsettling middle aged Christian woman stood out for me.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

FilthyImp posted:

Maybe if Franco looked into a room at the butcher's shop and it had "CRIMSON KING" or other crazy ranting in it.

In the book, that family lives in Derry in 1958 there's more than enough of that stuff. I wish someone could point out some of the connections because it was so drat crazy.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

In the book, that family lives in Derry in 1958 there's more than enough of that stuff. I wish someone could point out some of the connections because it was so drat crazy.

The Dark Tower wiki has all the connections, but it spoils 11.22.63.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Already mentioned but I love the almost poo poo-eating grin Franco gives whenever someone talks about the price of something.

Three dollars, in advance.

*grin* Okay...

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

Does the book cover conservation of energy? Seems weird to me that you could go back in time, grab some meat, and bring it back with you. You could go back in time, throw out a bunch of garbage, come back, then reset everything.

Here's King's opinion on your egg-head bullshit :colbert:

The Book posted:

“Yeah, but what if you went back and killed your own grandfather?” He stared at me, baffled. “Why the gently caress would you do that?” That was a good question, so I just told him to go on.

Basebf555 posted:

Yea that's why Chris Cooper(Al?) all the sudden was dying of cancer. He went into the portal while Franco was having a conversation with his ex, and came out 2 minutes later. Only for him it had been long enough that he had been diagnosed with cancer and was dying by the time he got back.

That's another thing. Did Al just decide on a whim that that day was the day to try to save Kennedy? Like, "Welp, guess I'd better get my rear end to 1963, time's a-wastin'!"

The first episode felt flat for me somehow, but the second really took off! I'm there all the way now.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I thought they were gonna do one episode about Not Derry and get back to the main Kennedy storyline but this looks interesting. I wonder if they'll do it all in one season or drag it out. Either way I'm stoked for Jake's next runthrough and him improving Groundhog Day style.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zwille posted:

Either way I'm stoked for Jake's next runthrough and him improving Groundhog Day style.

Assuming he actually does do a reset. He's already passed up a couple of really obvious opportunities to do so.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
He did? I thought he was on his way back to his hometown at the end when he stopped. My geography knowledge of the US isn't the best.

It's gonna be weird if he doesn't abuse the resets at least a little.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

And having to kill the rear end in a top hat again? Doesn't seem to be in Jake's nature to want to revisit that.

EDIT:: Oh yeah, forgot about the rules. lol

anatomi fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 24, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

At the start of this episode, he was planning on stopping the family murders and going back to the present permanently, not resetting.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
He may still be planning to go back, he was just interrupted and then the episode ended. If I were him, and I actually succeeded in convincing a reasonably trustworthy dude that I was a time traveler and that Kennedy was going to die on that day, I'd say good luck and get the gently caress out of there.

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

He may still be planning to go back, he was just interrupted and then the episode ended. If I were him, and I actually succeeded in convincing a reasonably trustworthy dude that I was a time traveler and that Kennedy was going to die on that day, I'd say good luck and get the gently caress out of there.

I think that this is the real reason he'll need to do a reset. I sure hope he does, anyway. The show would miss a fantastic opportunity to make Ep 3 a version of Ep 2 where it goes smoother, showing that Jake is learning. That and to revisit some characters.

drunkill posted:

Already mentioned but I love the almost poo poo-eating grin Franco gives whenever someone talks about the price of something.

*grin* Okay...

I also really love this.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

If he does this again he'll tell the Christian Boarding House lady he writes for the Saturday Evening Post, and tell her husband about the time he was in Korea with some civilians on a bus and one had a chicken that wouldn't shut up...

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

drunkill posted:

*grin* Okay...

Definitely, same. He had 3600 in his pocket which in 1960 was equivalent to 30k cash (unless that cash burned up in the fire?) I'd have the same grin too, everywhere I went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The scene in the first episode where he has "insanely good" pie at the diner has to be a reference to Franco's "so good" diner pie scene in Spider-man 3.

• Locked thread