Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I read the book and was so pumped when I heard it was getting a miniseries. So far I like what they're doing with it but I would be in for the whole thing either way.

There's an epilogue in the book where King describes his exhaustive research and how after everything he read he's convinced there was no conspiracy and Oswald acted alone. . I'm not an expert on the subject so I wouldn't know, but he said that staying factually accurate was a top priority - unlike Oliver Stone. A Good Thing, imho.

My biggest beef with the book was the Al character and the time portal existing in a diner. It felt really hacky and generic. Even "Al" is a generic name. Why were a high school teacher and diner chef friends? Though I get that Al's necessary to leave Our Hero a trail of breadcrumbs (and I think Jake is more interesting since he's reluctant). I was a little surprised that they didn't change that. The book's storyline was compelling and fast paced enough that once it got going I didn't care and burned through the rest of it in a weekend. So I guess my advice there for new people that didn't read the book is to hang in.

I also thought they'd cut the "save the janitor" test run, but it looks like we're going to get that.. albeit for a slightly different reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread