Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
First episode was pretty cool. I do wonder why they changed where the janitor guy is from, though. I can understand not using Derry because they probably couldn't get the TV licensing for what is basically a location cameo, but moving him all the way to Kentucky seems random.

Not being one of those people who loses their mind at any deviation from the source material, I just like thinking about why they made the changes they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Why did he throw his phone away? Whenever he goes back to the future, won't he need a phone?

Probably to make sure no one in 1960 gets a hold of technology from 2016. He didn't mean to bring it with him and, at the time, was planning to stay for the whole 3 years, so having something that dangerous and easy to misplace was just too risky.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

^^^ Until someone happens to dive or dredge that river any time before 2010 or so.

Does the book cover conservation of energy? Seems weird to me that you could go back in time, grab some meat, and bring it back with you. You could go back in time, throw out a bunch of garbage, come back, then reset everything.

In the book, he's much more thorough about it, but a book can afford to spend more time on that than a show can.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

They don't show it in like a close up or anything but Jake does step up onto something that isn't there when he goes back into the diner.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

Yeah, I love that people keep saying it to him in ways that are totally appropriate for that situation (backstage, in a burned out building, etc) but in context they are super creepy.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I think it's reasonable to have anything from the most recent episode hidden until Tuesday? That seems to be how threads for shows on TV work and it allows for the fact that not everyone will have necessarily seen it at the same time today. Book stuff should be hidden always, or at least until the show is done.

Edit: I completely forgot the standard forum rules on these, nevermind.

losonti tokash fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

Wonder if he's going to keep using that alias, since he basically did everything possible to give the cops a slam dunk murder case on it.

• Locked thread