Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

pahuyuth posted:

Why isn't Hulu releasing all the episodes all at once like Netflix?

The networks that own Hulu are old-fashioned that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
As I'm expecting him to reset at least once, right now I figure that the old man has the all the documents scanned and on his computer.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The general was a real person: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Walker

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Is there gonna be a Groundhog Day-esque montage where he repeatedly gets slapped by the blonde woman?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Al's never paid a garbage bill for the diner because he throws all his garbage into 1960.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

When it's Monday, don't click on the thread until after you watch the latest episode if you don't want spoilers. That seems very reasonable to me.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's already up.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

That bar scene was cringey as hell. No tact, Jake.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 23, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

He was visualizing the story.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

At the start of this episode, he was planning on stopping the family murders and going back to the present permanently, not resetting.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

E: or are you saying they dubbed it? I didn't notice.

Obviously, Jake's gonna meet Sadie in Maine after a reset.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 29, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

Anyone else kind of shocked when he said he met her in Dallas 2 years ago? He's already been there that long? I don't think he's ever going to start over now.

Did you notice the signs during the school hallway scene?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

They were indicating passage of time via various school dances.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Sadie being in Maine in 1960 is what makes me sure that he's going to reset at least once.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Tiggum posted:

The whole timing thing was very confusing to me. I got that at some point it was 1962, but I didn't realise when the time jump happened. I sort of had the impression that he got the teaching job in 1962, but that actually happened earlier? What year was that? When did he kill Josh Duhamel?

Nope.

He killed Duhamel and got the job in 1960. In the hallway scene, the signs went from 1960 to 1962.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 2, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The "past pushing back" aspect definitely felt more dramatic in the first episode, what with the car crash scene and all.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, what if he goes into the portal and then someone walks in 30 seconds later. Does that erase the first person?

My assumption is that if you go in sometime within 4 minutes after someone else went in, you'll both appear simultaneously in 1960.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Jake pulling Marty McFlys all over this episode.

The last scene shouldn't be too hard to get out of, since he lives with Bill. Just say Bill likes listening to weird poo poo.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Forget about the Yellow Card Man!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Though it's not clear that someone from the past can use the portal, seeing as it's in the middle of a lot with people walking all around.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

savinhill posted:

Is this show just a one off mini series thing? If it isn't, maybe the second season will start with the reset people have been clamoring for, and some of these subplots are leading to him trying to influence them into better outcomes next season.

It was advertised as a miniseries.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Wikipedia:

"The public's association of the word with the criminal secret society was perhaps inspired by the 1863 play "I mafiusi di la Vicaria" ("The Mafiosi of the Vicaria") by Giuseppe Rizzotto and Gaspare Mosca. The words Mafia and mafiusi are never mentioned in the play; they were probably put in the title to add a local flair. The play is about a Palermo prison gang with traits similar to the Mafia: a boss, an initiation ritual, and talk of "umirtà" (omertà or code of silence) and "pizzu" (a codeword for extortion money).[8] The play had great success throughout Italy. Soon after, the use of the term mafia began appearing in the Italian state's early reports on the phenomenon. The word made its first official appearance in 1865 in a report by the prefect of Palermo, Filippo Antonio Gualterio.[9]"

It's currently 1962.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I hope he comes back and it's just like 1985 in Back to the Future 2. Don't gently caress with history.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

So does Sadie join Team Save Kennedy now?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Maybe it's faster that way? Wheres their current house?

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 17, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The Yellow Card Man was the person in the house in that scene.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I didn't read the book. "Forget about the Yellow Card Man!" amused me.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

From what i got, George Wallace became president after Kennedy and started a war, I'm guessing with Russia. Post-president Kennedy started refugee camps.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

In addition to Oswald owning the gun, Jake told the guy at the door that Oswald was gonna shoot the president and to get the police, and Sadie was with him.

• Locked thread