Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah her very photogenic scar immediately reminded me of Tyrion's injury. American TV really can't deal with making a protagonist genuinely ugly, even if it's only for two episodes of a mini-series I guess.

The doctor going "We did the best we can" yanking Jake's chain ruthlessly for what amounts to be a largely inconsequential scar was also really pathetic compared to how those particular scenes went down in the book where people were just generally relieved that she was gonna be ok.

It looked pretty severe in the operating room without makeup. Don't see how it's an American thing to not want to stare at deformities when watching TV dramas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

Wade Wilson posted:

Also he really hammers on the story that he and Sadie were the reason JFK was alive, and how they need to show more respect for Sadie sacrificing herself to stop Oswald. The audiobook narrator does a really good job telling the story that I don't know would necessarily read the same way if you just read the book.

Can't be said enough, the audiobook is very good.

Kind of disappointed in the last few episodes and Jake's reveal that's he's from the future. In the book, Sadie ultimately came to the conclusion herself instead (albeit with prodding) which was pretty epic.

The actor who portrayed Oswald was really good.

• Locked thread