Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
The last scene of last week's episode had Sadie showing up at his house with a big old casserole dish, and this episode shows her walking away without her car, so it's pretty clear she lives close by, even if you somehow totally miss that he has a house in Jodie in addition to his apartment in Dallas. I think that's established in the third episode, which is also the episode with the time-passing montage a bunch of people totally missed, so did people watch it while playing blindfolded chess or something?

Problematic Pigeon fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011

savinhill posted:

Or maybe the show's just done a bad job with the integration of the Jodie stuff in to the show, especially when it comes to Jake's Jodie residence. You have Principal Art telling him to take Sadie to a motel so he isn't seen going in or outta Sadie's house an episode ago, so why not assume she's visiting his Dallas spot to deliver the I Love You stamped casserole. Also, the whole recording rig being set up right in just about open view isn't a great indicator that this is his "open life" teacher house where he hides his time travel mission more thoroughly.

Because it looks nothing like his place in Dallas, no one except Bill knows about the place in Dallas, and the recording stuff was set up to play in plain sight by the Yellow Card Man.

Seriously, my Dad watches this show while reading his emails and the paper and he still picks up on this poo poo.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

By the Yellow Card Man? Not by Sadie's husband??

You can kinda see his grey stubble, and his darker shirt and sweater match better than Mr. Clothespin's clothes. He also acts spooky rather than menacing and pulls a vanishing act that seems to be supernatural.

I think this is him in episode 2, when Jake's in Kentucky.

You can see the band holding the card in his hat. I haven't noticed him in episodes 3 or 5 though.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Did everyone who's going on about the yellow card man read the book? Because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Yellow Card Man is the dude outside the rabbit hoe who always says, "You shouldn't be here," to whoever comes through. He has a yellow card in his hat, and Chris Cooper tells Jake he's just a harmless drunk, but he pops up out of nowhere when Jake's getting chased at the JFK rally, and he pops up to lead Sadie to the tape player.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011

savinhill posted:

Except for Miss Mimi, who has visited him there while Jake n Billy were in the middle of Oswald planning, and requiring Jake to kick Billy to one of the side rooms. Plus they've already moved places in Dallas, so excuse people for being confused about exactly what spot Jake is currently chilling at at any given moment.

Whoops, forgot about Miss Mimi. Your bad TV watching skills are forgiven.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
The constant cuts to black with the date and countdown really screwed with the pacing and made Jake's recovery feel very disjointed. I can see why they did it, but maybe instead they could have had him wake up with maybe 24 hours left to make it more of a mad scramble.

On the plus side, I like how they handled Oswald. Such a creepy little twerp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
I'm kinda surprised Jake didn't check up on Bill too. I mean, he lived with him for three years.

Poor Bill. Poor stupid, stupid Bill.

Really good finale. Made up a lot for some of the wonky pacing earlier and ended on a high note.

• Locked thread