Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

FilthyImp posted:

Maybe if Franco looked into a room at the butcher's shop and it had "CRIMSON KING" or other crazy ranting in it.

In the book, that family lives in Derry in 1958 there's more than enough of that stuff. I wish someone could point out some of the connections because it was so drat crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I like that now he has a partner to tag along instead of muttering to himself and sulking about.
Oswald at the airport was better than in the book, and meeting Jack Ruby plays with the theme of the past synchronizing itself.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

In the book he's already gone back a bunch by now. Hasn't the Yellow Card Man turned Orange and then Black Dead by now? I think he had already found out about the janitor being killed in Vietnam too.

I'm interested to see where they take this. I like the character more and the team-up was a smart move.

The past pushing back is done really well too. It's always present and much more obvious than car trouble or bridges being washed out.

Frosted Flake fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 1, 2016

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I've seen those demographic maps of US cities and have of course heard about how divided Chicago, Atlanta, etc. still are. The gas station scene really got me thinking about how those towns couldn't have changed overnight, but also couldn't possibly still be divided so formally. What happened to towns and cities that had a "Niggertown" in the 50 years since?

• Locked thread