Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Small changes to the book kind of irk me, but I'm pretty satisfied thus far. If you've not heard the audiobook, you should. The narrator is fantastic.

It's good that the ending is changed, by the way. It getting loving weird.

Really awful spoilers answering questions on this page concerning resets:
"The past is obdurate". It doesn't want to be changed. Every time he resets, he is loving up the fabric of time.
Even bigger ending spoilers:
The "yellow card man" is like a time cop, and the color of his card is like a meter for how broken his brain is for time traveling. In the end Jake pretty much has to confront The Time Police.

RE: "how does he get back into the diner"
Not really a spoiler. In the book, in the closet, you kind of "step down" like a staircase and after 2 or 3 steps you "pop" into the past. In the same way when he wants to return he kind of puts his foot up on an invisible step that isn't quite there and climbs back into the future. This is kind of glossed over because he freaks the gently caress out about this in the book.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread