Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Fast Luck posted:

The "time loop" thing for the yellow card man never ended up making sense. I mean, because that guy was caught in a time loop trying to save his kid, he just faded in and out of reality around Jake and hosed with Jake to teach him a lesson? And why does Sadie die "every time" according to him if Jake actually was able to save the janitor and save Kennedy, and Sadie doesn't even die period in the normal timeline? And how is it a "loop" if Jake can just go back to the present and quit trying at any time? Just didn't make sense. Even in the book I was kind of rooting for Jake to just go back to the past and chill there with Sadie forever, but here the reasoning for not doing that was weaker because of the weird yellow card man stuff. Sadie was so sweet and beautiful :3:

I think he should have at least tried to see if it would be possible to have Sadie go forward with him to the present. Would the present push back against someone from the past?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread