Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
They also changed the arrival year to 1960 from 1958. Which makes sense as it speeds up the time line a bit. I haven't read the book since it came out so I'm sure there's other stuff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."

FreezingInferno posted:

Aw, wasn't that nice of them. Even with the town changed from the book's town to small-town Kentucky, Beverly Marsh still managed to show up.

Holy poo poo, she was Edna!!

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

Echoing the clothespin, it's a very King thing to do. I don't remember what exactly the weird poo poo was in the book, but I do remember Sadie mentioning he made her wash her hands after sex (or something) with water so hot it burned her.

Book spoilers
in the book, they never actually had sex, he would just make her give him a hand job under the sheets. He also put a broomstick between them when they'd sleep, and maybe smacked her around with it as well? I honestly kind of skimmed that part on reread because, yikes! But yeah, he would make her wash in scalding hot water and talked about how dirty she was, etc. I think he even would tell her it was time to "get it out" when sad hand job would happen.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Yes, and then Bill made several of the same, large bets at multiple places which is what really pushed the bookie over the edge.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Retardog posted:

I liked the nod to King's other works with REDRUM on the stairwell wall

There was also "CAPTAIN TR" (tripps, i would assume. I didnt double check) spray painted in very large letters on the side of a building in the changed 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/112263-bridget-carpenter-and-stephen-king-on-183813045.html

Some thoughts on the major differences between the series and the book.

• Locked thread