Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001

losonti tokash posted:

First episode was pretty cool. I do wonder why they changed where the janitor guy is from, though. I can understand not using Derry because they probably couldn't get the TV licensing for what is basically a location cameo, but moving him all the way to Kentucky seems random.

Not being one of those people who loses their mind at any deviation from the source material, I just like thinking about why they made the changes they did.

I thought about this when watching it, but honestly The whole Derry thing was like a gift to King's fans, and the town doesn't make sense as this ominous place that is still reeling from something terrible if you aren't in on it. So rather than alienate people who aren't avid readers with a weird haunted town , they just drop all that subtext altogether. Plus it will speed up the amount of time it takes them to go through that whole plotline. And since he decides to hit it up on his way back fleeing from Dallas to Maine, Derry would not have worked since it's fictional setting is up near Bangor, which is 1.5 hours north on 95 of Lisbon Falls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001

computer parts posted:

The reviews suggest that the ending is changed slightly from the book.

This is probably not a bad thing

timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001

Comrade Fakename posted:

It did seem weird that Chris Cooper had put all this effort into researching the JFK assassination, and had 35 years to do so, but had never just gone through the portal and waited three years and then gone to watch the actual event. Surely if you had a good vantage point and knew what you were looking for it would have been pretty easy to tell if Oswald was the shooter, or if other people were involved.

Anyway, my prediction is that James Franco ends up shooting Kennedy.

The past gave him lung cancer after he had made it just a couple years.

• Locked thread