Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

timp posted:

Which brings up the point from earlier; most glaring issue with the story as presented thus far: loving RESET dude! Call this one a wash, walk back out, and try again. Kinda weird they didn't even hint at trying that.

Yeah, if he was really playing it smart, he would just go back repeatedly and make the same bet to build up a really nice stash. He doesn't though, likely because the place and situation terrify him.

The "why doesn't he go back and kill Oswald early on and go back and see if it changed things" criticism is valid, but only for the book, since the portal is further back and Oswald was in the US (at a Marine base, though, I think?). As people have said, in the show it would be impractical. If the universe is out to get you, you absolutely don't cross a gigantic ocean, not to mention the hostile country once you get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I kind of wonder what would happen if someone went in the Portal in the two minutes while he was in there.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I'm really digging the intro for this show.

• Locked thread