Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Likely it's going to be based loosely on the book. Sadie will die, the assassination will be stopped, Jake returns to the future to find it dumb, so he goes back and finds Sadie in Maine and just lives happily ever after without loving with any more time. Maaaybe he'll save the janitor's family. The end.

I really don't see it going any other way. There won't be a payoff with the Yellow Card Man, save maybe him nodding solemnly at Jake after Jake resets and just goes to be with Sadie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
I enjoyed the ending. Strong episode and it's no coincidence it pretty well follows the book. Overall I didn't dislike the series, but if it hadn't been for Franco, Gadon, and Webber it would have been far lower in quality. I really dug the final episode. Perfect amount of bittersweet, though that whole thing always reminded me of Somewhere in Time with Chris Reeve and Jane Seymour.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice

waitwhatno posted:

What's the deal with the time travelling hobo and why does he have a yellow card in his hat?

I get that he is a time traveller and obsessed with saving someone, but this doesn't answer anything, it just brings up more questions.

The show barely explains anything and deviates drastically from the book. In the book there's some Time Cops that watch the exit to the portal, and the card is kind of like a radiation dose meter but for time fuckery - it goes Green > Yellow > Orange > Black the more time fucks up. Problem is that these Time Cops start going mental the more time they spend watching the portal due to all the stresses of loving with time. Yellow Card Man is a Time Cop that's coming unhinged, but eventually he's fully replaced by a new Time Cop after poo poo goes south when Jake saves Kennedy.

Even in the book it's not really A Thing so much as kind of a litmus test for how hosed up everything is.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
You have to make a few logical leaps to link it up with the Dark Tower and assume that the post-Kennedy-surviving Earth falling apart is due to a Thinny or the collapse of the Beams.

The only overt reference that I can remember is to IT, because Jake shows up in Derry and talks with Richie and Beverly (from memory, it might have been others)

• Locked thread