Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i hope the movie is just terribly composed like worse than battlefield:earth but with something other than dutch angles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Smash it Smash hit posted:

alot of the guns are pointed at different directions. "okay guys heres our strategy just get in a big group and point your guns wherever" "right next to his head? yeah sure why not? shoot right next to hsi head. "

okay we want an even distribution of cops and soldiers, so we'll have a line of cops, then a line of soldiers, then another line of cops, and then some more soldiers

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

VectorSigma posted:

i hope the movie is just terribly composed like worse than battlefield:earth but with something other than dutch angles

wish... granted

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 17, 2016

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

reallivedinosaur posted:

Cops and army guys are just randomly scattered together pointing their guns at something with really bored looks on their faces, there's nobody in the background or any general commotion and this looks like it was filmed at some frogurt shop parking lot.

Sorry guys but I can't get excited to pay 20 dollars to see this movie to find out why not even the extras seem to give a gently caress and see some more god awful boring sitcom grade set design from Paul Feig and crew.

Am willing to miss the comedy experience of a lifetime.

~
spawn('nationalguard.white.male',50)
spawn('NYPD.white.male',15)
spawn('NYPD.black.male',3)

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Mange Mite posted:

wish... granted

i still maintain enough suspension of disbelief to hope that shot is just some crap they threw together at the last minute

i already know it will be terrible, but that was late-90's videogame fmv cutscene terrible in HD

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

~
spawn('nationalguard.white.male',50)
spawn('NYPD.white.male',15)
spawn('NYPD.black.male',3)

i loving swear this is a composite shot and there is just 8 dudes multiplied

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Since I first heard about this I have the feeling this movie is secretly financed by somebody who really, really hated Ghostbusters and doesn't care about losing money.

If you want a third Ghostbuster movie, play that Ghostbuster game that came out a while ago. It even has all the original actors voicing their parts and is pretty well put together. As close to a third movie as you're ever going to get.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

VectorSigma posted:

It's Paul Fieg. I just hope he figures out what the word "Composition" means at some point in his life.

"Ok, just point the camera at McCarthy. McCarthy, poo poo yourself. Ok that's a rap."

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Composition? No, we don't need any. We're just going to use whatever poo poo Nikki Minaj and Beyonce have out for the soundtrack.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Mange Mite posted:

now look up the owners and executives of these companies. you might notice something

God drat how embarrassing it must be for CBS when they have their shadowy secret cabal meetings. The other evil megacorps have the likes of the Wall Street Journal, Pixar, and CNN. On CBS's illustrious list we have such heavy hitters as The Smithsonian Channel, Jeopardy, and 60 Minutes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

counterfeitsaint posted:

God drat how embarrassing it must be for CBS when they have their shadowy secret cabal meetings. The other evil megacorps have the likes of the Wall Street Journal, Pixar, and CNN. On CBS's illustrious list we have such heavy hitters as The Smithsonian Channel, Jeopardy, and 60 Minutes.

"Mwahahaha, and then we'll have Trebek act smug when a contestant mispronounces a question! BWAHAHAHAHA!"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

counterfeitsaint posted:

well they also own Simon & Schuster, Charles Scribner's Sons, and Pocket Books but nobody's heard of print publishing so it's not on that graphic

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I thought Jeopardy aired on ABC which is owned by Gisnep :confused:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
we really didn't need a ghostbusters reboot but because it's a genderflipped cast they've managed to bake in a percentage of critics who will be apologists for it no matter how bad it is

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Doesn't CBS's digital division own GameSpot? Seems like it would be a more relevant inclusion on their list.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

C-Euro posted:

Doesn't CBS's digital division own GameSpot? Seems like it would be a more relevant inclusion on their list.

I didnt know GameSpot still existed

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Fabricated posted:

we really didn't need a ghostbusters reboot but because it's a genderflipped cast they've managed to bake in a percentage of critics who will be apologists for it no matter how bad it is

How much do you want to bet there is some dude who is like "you cant bust the ghosts.. your girls! you need to do girly things!"

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

so this trailer is an ironic parody of other trailers right?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

a hole-y ghost posted:

so this trailer is an ironic parody of other trailers right?

Of course it is. The slow piano playing. A bunch of "action scenes" for a comedy about busting ghosts. Honestly, it's a pretty funny parody.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Applewhite posted:

lol imagine if they flexed their muscles an their clotehs ripped to shreds can you imagine? lol it would be weird haha.
lol stop im getting a bonar

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I probably will not see this movie. I can't really think of a reason I'd want to see this particular movie. I saw the original movies when I was a kid but have no feelings about them either, one way or the other. That is all. Well see ya.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Of course it is. The slow piano playing. A bunch of "action scenes" for a comedy about busting ghosts. Honestly, it's a pretty funny parody.
ok thanks for clearing that up, since i'm from GBS i have a hard time "getting" "irony."

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Who did they call with their iPhones?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bundle of Keys posted:

Who did they call with their iPhones?

No one. They bricked it by playing with the date settings.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
it won't be long till they turn ghostbusters...into box office busters!

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Teasers for trailers are pretty dumb, but you'd have to be dumber to actually think that this movie is going to be a gritty reboot.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Windows 98 posted:

An all female cast of Predator, but with mega buff ladies..... now that's something I would watch.

Send in all pregnant women and the Predators know what the gently caress to do

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fabricated posted:

there were people in the last thread who were having meltdowns over the fact that people dared to judge a movie before theyd seen it so yeah

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Liked Bridesmaids okay. The Heat sorta ruled.

I'm not SUPER jazzed for this, but I also hate the /pol/-MRS horseshit hate parade that's been raining down on this.

My bet is that the movie will be more or less fine.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My guess is it'll just be another middling reboot offering. Has there been a good one besides Batman (sort of)?

edit:
Oh! I liked the remake of 3:10 to Yuma. Does that count?

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

No one. They bricked it by playing with the date settings.

2spooky

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Solice Kirsk posted:

My guess is it'll just be another middling reboot offering. Has there been a good one besides Batman (sort of)?

edit:
Oh! I liked the remake of 3:10 to Yuma. Does that count?

I think some people thought the evil dead remake a couple years ago was alright, although I thought it was meh.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TheWeepingHorse posted:

My bet is that the movie will be more or less fine.

I had hope, until I saw this:

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

spacetoaster posted:

I had hope, until I saw this:

Make way for soccer mom ghostbusters!

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Junior Jr. posted:

Make way for soccer mom ghostbusters!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMoeS4Cu9qo

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
The movie needs to end with Dan Aykroyd in full ghostbuster attire bursting into their chinatown HQ with a cease and desist letter for unauthorized franchising of the Ghostbusters name.

But no, they wasted their cameo by making him a cab driver who says "I aint afraid of no ghost" or something equally cringeworthy.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This movie will never be judged on it's own merits, anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fabricated posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I hope slimer fucks a lady slimer.

• Locked thread