Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

What's worse? Being a wagecuck or a filthy console peasant?

Hell, why not both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just used my Tax Rebate to put down a 80 dollar preorder of Uncharted 4 (full value up front, natch, to help boost my credit score) at GameStop. Got enough Power Up rewards points to extend my Game Informer sub another year for free, whazzzaaap!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's time for a new paradigm shift: Digital. Loot. Crates.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ColoradoCleric posted:

I've been playing day of defeat source and wondering why ww2 shooters aren't a thing anymore

I have a feeling the COD 2 or 3 years from now will be WW2 as a throwback

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

There should be a COD that combines all the wars from the Revolutionary War to Modern war.

This would be cool if there was a killstreak that time warped the map to different eras

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Console human being: :downsbravo: hruuuurrerrrrrrr I likea da Bloohborn! I like da Nintondo HUUURRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool-headed PC Master Race Representative: I'm sorry about you condition. All I can do is recommend immediate Rig construction, followed by Steam account creation.

Pissy pussy console bitch: :downsbravo::downabravo::downsbravo::downsbravo:

Cool-headed PC Master Race Representative: While I'm at it, allow me to recommend some games which really take advantage of the PC platform. Goat Simulator. Terror Lab. Deadly Premonition HD. Undertale. There's Poop In My Soup. Payday 2 plus DLC.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sleeping Dogs looks really really good on a nice PC.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

steam is selling movies now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Steam is a piece of horse crap.

It sucks so bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Early Access, Massively Multiplayer, Indie, RPG

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Update: Valve has informed us that Randy and Gabe didn't meet until after Valve had shipped Half-Life, making Randy's story seem ... well, unlikely. We're trying to find out what happened right now.

Update 2:Well, we just heard from PR and they confirmed that the story is a fabrication. Pitchford is apparently going to get in contact to explain what happened. We can't wait to find out his excuse for taking advantage of our Pollyanna-esque faith in the inherent goodness of people, and, by extension, telling tall tales to you, the people who are buying his games.

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

what are the 2 pc games?

DOTA 2 and Overwatch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

isnt the game free? you can just download it and find out

Also you could just play the original KI on MAME in a few minutes set up if you wanted.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

So ive been a consoletard my whole life and finally got my mind freed thanks to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide#wiki_console_gamers_are_not_the_common_enemy._modern_consoles_are

Once you realize how stuoid consoles are and how they offer nothing of note (besides "muh exclusives") youre ready to ptake the plunge into the Master Race.

Holy cow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just decided i should get rid of all my stupid loving cards and get afew dollars before the new sale but now you cant use the market unless you download an additional, separate steam app and give them two phone numbers. epic Valve, PC gaming FTW.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The best argument about PC gaming is that you can use your rig to emulate all the console games that came out in the last 40 years because theyre all better than what you can actually play on a PC :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Isn't isk the Eve money

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I clicked one of the links in it saying that piracy is more common in console than PC and I followed the link and it said exactly the opposite

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jerkops posted:

props to the guy who watched all 4 hours of the MN9 credits to catch a single backer name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znfU6zXvVcQ

the creidts are acutally 4 hours long, oh my god.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

that's remarkably similar to my "buy a vita" argument

There's a PSN sale going on in NA with deep discounts across all platforms and if you sort by Vita -> Best Sellers one of the top result is a copy of Chess for the PlayStation 1 for 2 dollars.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does tabletop simulator have Settlers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's on sale so I'll pick it up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let's play settlers tonight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No because you get all of it for free on the workshop where people just scan in board game boards as "mods"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let's all "ironically" play the f2p version of evolve, buy lots of lootcrates and purchase custom avatars and gang tags for ourselves.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The people who made Brink and Dirty Bomb got bought by the Chinese version of KFC

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rocket League is patching in randomized cosmetic items that drop via lootcrates with a pay to open key mechanic. Finally.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Don't worry, there's no steam market place trading for those items, so people don't devalue the cost or God forbid, gamble items.

That's cool. There's also an checkbox in the menu options that lets you turn off the entire system, and the loot crate sales are for supporting tournaments. Seems like the best way to implement somethig like that. Rocket League continues to impress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finally bought the new doom because t fell below 20 bucks and the demo was kinda fun even if it's not really as cool as original doom. Anyway the download is loving 80 GIGS!! What in the world is that, I had to wipe like 80% of my library so I could install this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Once I got over that Doom (2016) is its own thing and not the exact same as original Doom Ive been getting into it. I still feel like the melee kills and chainsaw mechanic break things up a little much for my liking but Ive been putting point into ammo capacity upgrades so I can just run and the gun the whole time. Its fairly epic when youre in a tight arena and having to struggle for survival against the demons of Hell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cannonballoon posted:

There's also an arcade mode that lets you play the campaign with everything unlocked. You choose a build, and then you just run through and shoot everything. Haven't tried it yet but it might be more what you want.

I saw that but I wanna beat it once before trying that out. Also this game finally made me get a new mouse bc the one I have drops all input for a split second every 5 to 6 seconds and it's making it really hard to play a reflex based shooter lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm really bad at finding secrets in this game. I've come across like 2 through the first 4 levels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the idea behind the plasma rifle but i cant believe how it sounds and it makes me not want to use it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Proud Rat Mom posted:

new doom is too slow
and all you do is run laps around squarish arenas.

I dont mind running around the arenas because the movement is kinda fun. But I wish they would use a different color palette, every single room looks the same, and theres no real design or backtracking so nothing really sticks out in my head.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

NuDoom kicks several varities of rear end. Much recommended.

The snap to enemy weirdness of the glory kill was already pretty jarring but I unlocked the passive that lets you do it from even further and it just feels broken

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

yeah i never took that passive off lol. what difficulty are you playing on? it felt pretty necessary on higher levels to rely on the invincibility from the glory kills

Ultra Violence

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Im gonna drop the difficulty to easy and blow through the rest of this because I played for like 40 minutes today and realized I bored through most of it. I think this game would have been cooler with about half the levels or every level being half the size. It doesnt help that every level looks the same and has the exact same structure (hallway, arena, hallway, arena etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

PC gaming FTW

It took me a half hour to realize the level I was on was a remake of a previous level after it was destroyed, because I thought every level looked the same. I realized it was a revision when I looked at the name of the level, Argent Tower (Destroyed)