Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

beepstreet posted:

Tomorrow night I'm gonna build my first gaming PC since 2004.

Pimps, what are some essential PC exclusives from the last couple years I should check out?

I know I wanna try:
Pillars of Eternity
Soma
GTA V
Skyrim with a shitload of mods
Dolphin / PS2 emulation at 1080 or 4k(!)

Gonna pick up Dark Souls 3 as well when I finish my PS4 playthrough. loving can't wait for that 60fps glory.

Is the new Batman still hosed up on PC? Im looking for stuff that's really gonna test my new card too.

definitely gta v, x-com 2 if thats your thing, cities:skylines, shadow warrior, seconding sleeping dogs and witcher 3, the mad max game looks sick on pc. What card are you getting? You might be able to run the batman game fine if your rig is beefy enough. oh and btw if your card is nvidia only upgrade the driver to the 362.0 release since there are tons of reports of wonkiness with the drivers after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

dark souls 3 still runs like rear end on a lot of radeon hardware for no reason and there's no patch or driver update in sight, PC gaming baby!

have told my friends the best reason to own a PC is free old games for years

radeon is the wrong kind of RAM

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its not the preferred method but red dead redemption is coming to playstation now, so you will technically be able to play RDR on a pc

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

agreed. the one forgivable crime.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Magius1337est posted:

is this just like more than 5 players playing at once total, because I need something for like a lan party where I can drop into games with like 10 man teams

yeah that game has it all dude it should be perfect

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Everything about that mod is insanity. This is Alyx

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elf help book posted:

gonna try mapping this to tilt in pinball

thats a cool idea but sounds like it would be terrible in implementation

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Micro-Soft’s BTFO

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Time to look at deals. The art of the deal.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

theres also this obscure thing known as a hdmi cable

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i played rage on ps3 and enjoyed it and remember literally nothing about it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elf help book posted:

turning around really fast so you can watch the textures pop in ftw

lol. i remember this.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i wont poo poo talk rage because like i said i overall think it was cool even if zero elements of it has stuck with me

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I Witnessed The Most Powerful Carmack Ever

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

John Goodman was in Rage lol

thats why ive been calling him Johnathan Greatman Lmfao if theres any on cinema heads in this forum

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I use wallpaper engine to make my desktop bg animated fighting game backgrounds

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

naked pepe dabbing in front of an always on kinnect with a camera as phil spector watches from redmond washington and shout soy cu cks betfo 😂😂😂😂😹😹😹😹

lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

It should give you an electric shock every time DSPs bits get too low

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Plutonis posted:

The Yakuza 0 port has sound cracking and framerate issues. PCucks on suicide watch again

For you

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

That sucks rear end pinball fx physics are so bogus compared to pinball arcade

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Every shot looks like it could break through the back of the field i hate it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Like obviously its better than the literal magic pinballs in fx2 but it doesnt look great

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Super hero poo poo, is ruining pinball, as it is any medium it touches

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

Only geraldo of riviera hsould be allowed to gently caress

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Dorito Deacon

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

PCs has the wrong type of outlet

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lmao. So now these publications just admit their journalists are completely useless

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I like makimg the ai battle itself and watching with free camera in slowmo with metal playing in total warhammer lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Play Exapunks, Parkitect, return of the obra dinn, and or Rising Storm 2 Vietnam, if you like fps, op

HORMELCHILI fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 7, 2019

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Or dont. I dont even give a gently caress.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mycophobia posted:

You clearly do

i dont care if he plays the games or not- I care about the games, as io care about All games

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Got mordhau but havent played it. Playing STALKER shadow of chernobyl instead

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Thats a troll tweet

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I thought it was doing some annoying wannabe david lynch thimg with the janitor but after the second cutscene i realized he was just some insane finnish guy and i like the game now. Theres some embarassing writing and i dont like the main characters acting but overall im having fun because it has the Remedy feel heavily

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Without this raytracing spectacle i probably wouldnt bother though

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

My name is not important. What is important is what I'm going to do... I just loving hate this world, and the human worms feasting on its carcass... My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred, and I always wanted to die violently. This is the time of vengeance, and no life is worth saving... And I will put in the grave as many as I can... It's time for me to kill... And it's time for me to die. My genocide crusade begins... here...

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Whenever anything reminds me of that i reinstall it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Gabe newells sandvich and boxing gloves also misding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

It has good art direction and focusing on dialogue and internal thoughts as the primary gameplay is basically perfect for adventure/detective games, but it already seems a lot less open ended than people think and theres been a ton of cringe writing since the devs are eastern european or whatever. Those complaints aside its totally worth playing still, but be prepared for dumbass goons saying its the greatest rpg ever made and best video game writing of all time for too long