Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Im tired of these stupid pc gaming xd memes poo poo, pc gaming is super simple. You got steam, windows stote, origin, discord, uplay, amazon, gog, bethesda launcher, blizzard, epic games launcher, itch.io and its not that complicated you only have to worry about securom, denuvo, starforce, steam drm somehow destroying your hard drives and disc drives but to solve that you only have to patch games like twice and open regedit to edit hkey_current_user_local and downoad клазщЙ_cpu (tell your antivirua its a false positive and restore from quarantine) to disable cpu failsafes and run in borderless windowed after downgrading geforce experience drivers due to a bug in the latest release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

There was a afternoon I freaked out bc I couldnt even get my PC to boot into safe mode, I thought my motherboard had died or something, and I got frustrated and kicked the side of the case and it's been 100% fine ever since.

finally, a gaming platform whose performance imrpoves when you rage slam it from losing

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ahaha jesus christ

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Hi Lisa! Hi Supernintendo Hitler!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rolling into Poland in a Panzer IV: Well, I finally made it...... despite your directions.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

I'm getting a gaming PC next week lol but there's nothing I really want to play on it except indie treasures and ascii roguelikes . Maybe i'll try and get into map games

I've actually enjoyed Hearts of Iron IV FWIW, even without the Supernintendo Hitler mod.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

page 1: pc gaming LUL. gabe newell withdraws all of the money that comes into his bank account every orning and eats the bills
page 10: just about to start assembling my new rig on newegg .. will this gpu work with this motherboard? Ive suddenly become really interested in playing map games and visual novels in buttery smooth 1080p

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Get Uru on steam.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I installed Hearts of Iron IV on my laptop to see if I could play it online with my brother. Had to uninstall and reinstall Steam twice, but it only took one reboot and I didn't even have to delete ClientRegistry.blob. PC gaming is amazing.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

We're going to have a map-gaming session tomorrow after work. Wish us luck.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

Who are you going to play as?

I played as Italy and he played as Germany, because it seemed like the easiest way to start a co-op. i haven't played HO4 in months and the learning curve is steep enough that i;m basically his vassal.

it went well, though, the multiplayer in HO4 is smoother than i thought it would be. you have to press a button before you play the game literally every time or it corrupts your data. pc gaming for the win.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Is there a phase 2 where it simulates the guessing game of trying to figure out which part just flat-out isn't working out of the box?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Twice weekly Hearts of Iron 4 sessions with el hermano have been good, but Paradox has absolute garbage UI. also, there's zero official documentation and the places you used to be able to get it from fan sites are harder to read because, it turns out, a ton of people who play the world war 2 simulation game are actual, literal Nazis who play exclusively as the third reich and they recently got discovered and banned from everywhere

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Tearing up this post and stomping on it like I just lost big on the horse

diddy kong stomping on his hat after loving up at a mini game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Out on the town getting furious at the concept of mods with a bunch of my friends. They're all just out of frame, scowling too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

andrzej sapkowski goes to swim in his huge vault of money and discovers it's been diluted by 20 zloty due to the creation of the "jump in shallow water" mod.