Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Who's up to start the "Akagi is going to win the match this year toxx"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Betting accounts on this one will give anyone a thrill! :haw:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Has anyone in here read part 2 of Gambling Legend Emperor Zero? I liked part 1 in the amusement park a lot but I remember quitting part 2 when they went on a long-rear end treasure hunt solving riddles and stuff.

Should I give it another chance?

Once that treasure hunt starts it lasts until the end of part 2 and it drags so much, I feel mixed about it because there are some cool moments but it keeps going and going

Winds up setting stuff up for part 3 tho which could be cool whenever it starts happening.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
One poker-hen is going to be the kaiji arc where everything goes fine with no problems or setbacks. And good for him

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm glad of it.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I feel like the guy he brought with him is going to screw up and accidentally give Kazuya a tell.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I started reading Strongest Man Kurosawa again today. These pages really shocked me so I wanted to share them. I didn't remember this at all. For context, Kurosawa had just been kidnapped by delinquents.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am loving one poker.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
In this chapter, Akagi half-draws a tile.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I was joking before but what if kaiji does actually just win one poker really easily. that would be wonderful because he's my friend

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Kaijis gonna tag out and Chang is going to take this one home for the new, new Asian 3 (Chang Kaiji and Mario) who are Kaiji's new friends who don't abandon or betray him.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kaiji don't do it he's bluffing.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Reboot gambling emperor zero. Season 2 was ultimately kind of a disappointment. It doesn't give me much confidence for the third arc but maybe they can turn it around as long as they go back to the kind of games played in season 1. It was just much better then.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I think the whole poker thing was fine, and I'll even say the golf game was okay since it did its job of reintroducing Zero perfectly well. It's just the rest of the second part that was absolutely disappointing.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Stairmaster posted:

Kaiji don't do it
Too late.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

YO

WHY THE gently caress DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THE TONEGAWA SPIN OFF

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

kurosawa please no

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
did kurosawa left the barrel already?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
oh wait thats from before they got him in

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Kurosawa died in the barrel.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'd believe it.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
I just picked up the first volume of TONEGAWA: Annals of Middle Management and I can't believe it's not actually drawn by Fukumoto.

But mostly I just wanted to post this (It is a mahjong analogy)
"A mature decision...!"

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Kaijis really good and so is the soundtrack

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm reading kaiji and he's about to play pachinko

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The intense story of kaiji watching another guy play pachinko

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My God this bog arc is so loving tedious

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I really want the next chapter in One Poker to come out already.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The mahjong arc is somehow actually worse than the pachinko arc

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
gently caress off Namtab

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Calm down Plutonis.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

I skipped Mahjong because I don't know how to play Mahjong, and also what Namtab said.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I decided to drop kaiji because I was just hitting sunk cost fallacy by carrying on.

I like akagi and gambling legend emperor zero though. Not read any others.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

The latest Kaiji arc has been pretty good. Not sure what I think about the three chairs one.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I started reading Ten, the nice guy in the way of Tenhou

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I started reading Ten, the nice guy in the way of Tenhou

I feel like for any other manga that what Im about to say would be detrimental because I would be setting the bar too high. But not with Ten.

Prepare your self for the GREATEST ENDING OF ALL TIME

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

fkmtkrazy is back in action and has put up a new chapter of kurosawa

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Peel posted:

The latest Kaiji arc has been pretty good. Not sure what I think about the three chairs one.

I skipped through basically all of the 3 chairs one because it wasn't Kaiji's gamble so I didn't care if they died or whatever. The poker has been really good. Like the 17-steps I appreciate that it isn't just straight poker, I don't know poker hands and didn't really have to understand Mahjong scoring to understand how 17-steps was played.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

fkmtkrazy is back in action and has put up a new chapter of kurosawa

Lmao i just read it. Amazing chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

it's christmas in july new akagi new kaiji AND new kurosawa