Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
When you definitely aren't looking for an excuse to get back money that was won fair and square

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think Hyoudou is my favorite villain in anything. Such a perfect bad guy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

No Wave posted:

I think Hyoudou is my favorite villain in anything. Such a perfect bad guy.

He's a rich tyrant whose mental decline with age has made him crazy, so yeah he works well.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Getting Robot Santa vibes from Hyoudou right now.

Kill my son? They don't deserve the 2.4 billion!

Save my son by breaking a rule? They don't deserve the 2.4 billion!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Level Seven posted:

Getting Robot Santa vibes from Hyoudou right now.

Kill my son? They don't deserve the 2.4 billion!

Save my son by breaking a rule? They don't deserve the 2.4 billion!

Way to spoil the ending of the arc where Kaiji gets Hyoudou to let him go by dressing as Zoidberg.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I learned how to play Mahjong (through FF14 of all things) so I was reading Akagi and came across this fellow, with very normal fingernail placement.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Fukumoto had rougher art early on.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

MonsterEnvy posted:

Fukumoto had rougher art early on.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kaiji finally updated

https://mangadex.org/chapter/3904596b-b858-4e8c-ad35-dd56b2bea02c

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Kazuya is in the hospital and might play a part in saving Endou's rear end?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

kurosawa is going to split that twink's head in twain

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

And the next one
https://mangadex.org/chapter/063c6c51-0e83-42b4-b529-3302a67443e1/1

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Third new Kaiji
https://mangadex.org/chapter/83faeaa9-ffc9-44ed-b2c2-4bdb0f0ee201

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Endo Ftw.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis posted:

kurosawa is going to split that twink's head in twain

hell yeah he's going to use a real sword lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/c0005ec5-40a2-4351-a7c5-24805dc4c074/1

Hyodou be like:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Double release too. Man Hyoudo is crazed. ”he jumped of his own will, so it was a suicide not a homicide!”

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 27, 2023

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm not sure what I want Endou's fate to be.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm not sure what I want Endou's fate to be.

I want him to survive because gently caress hyodou.

But I also want him to die because gently caress endou

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 27, 2023

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
That conversation was pure manipulation from the start, there was no way Endou could have talked his way into forgiveness

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Re: Chapter 448: i bet theyre both going to have to jump

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

yeah actually they will posted:

Re: Chapter 448: i bet theyre both going to have to jump

Kurosaki's the second in command, I doubt he would be forced to jump. I would see the guys push Hyodou out the window in rebellion first.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kurosaki's the second in command, I doubt he would be forced to jump. I would see the guys push Hyodou out the window in rebellion first.

I love that nobody has considered "Hey Hyoudou makes a pretty good point about no witnesses, why don't we just push him out and say it was suicide?"

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

CodfishCartographer posted:

I love that nobody has considered "Hey Hyoudou makes a pretty good point about no witnesses, why don't we just push him out and say it was suicide?"

Hyoudo is enough of a sociopath to overlook/not consider it murder but a bunch of other people would and would be more of a headache to cover up instead of him badgering/threatening something himself into doing it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I really love the entire chapter showing exactly how hosed endou would be if he jumped.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I love this poo poo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Pair of Chapters came out

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1592c415-485c-45dd-93c9-2c99b14850df

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I remember reading that Tesla had people specialized with wrangling Elon Musk's insane demands and personality and I guess that's the same with Teiai and that's GM Kurosaki's actual job now.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 22, 2023

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

CodfishCartographer posted:

I would trust nobody in that room to not sell out the rest immediately. Hiring only garbage human beings ensures Hyoudou's safety.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dipwood posted:

I would trust nobody in that room to not sell out the rest immediately. Hiring only garbage human beings ensures Hyoudou's safety.

Also most of them are just looking forward to the day Hyoudou finally dies and Kurosaki takes over.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

dipwood posted:

I think Tonegawa probably wouldn't have sold people out. He just also wouldn't have allowed anyone to set something like that up.

Then again, Tonegawa generally showed more character than Teiai's average, even aside from being a good boss to his underlings most of the time. Basically, you can defend yourself by hiring garbage people with no guts, or people with firm convictions. And people with any kind of conscience don't tend to be easy gets for companies like Teiai.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Tonegawa was still a pretty garbage person. In terms of personality and outlook he is similar to Endou.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Tonegawa was still a pretty garbage person. In terms of personality and outlook he is similar to Endou.

There's a pretty big difference between them, I'd say, even though they're both garbage people, and it's demonstrated right after we learn Tonegawa's a filthy cheater.

Tonegawa's willing to take his lumps.

We see in these chapters how Endou tries to weasel out, not brave enough to fight back or loyal enough to not try to duck punishment. But in a similar situation, Tonegawa went right up to take the hit, enduring it past the limit of duty and to the limits of human endurance.

Basically, they both make bullshit rules up to justify their advantages, and cheat the system as much as they can, but when Endou gets caught, he tries to rewrite the rules again. Meanwhile, when Tonegawa gets caught, he accepts that, by his own rulings, he's the human trash this round, and he gets the same treatment he'd give others.

Of course, even that tiny shred of virtue got Tonegawa tossed out on his rear end onto a beach somewhere, further ensuring that Teiai has the most useless people up top.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would say Kurosaki is overall a better manager and person than Tomegawa.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Zawa zawa, new chapter.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/49cbbd89-f77a-4e87-987b-58c885247dec

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
yay love when it comes back. We will probably get 1 or 2 more chapters as well.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 24, 2023

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/31ba2ef9-d6b3-444d-98c1-c90a7d724a65/1

Kaiji already called it, Endou's goose is cooked.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yep got another one https://mangadex.org/chapter/2ce909c1-7eb5-4f7b-9fa1-8e87c1f86ac0

Back to the Asian Trio.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/634238c4-b568-4ec2-a1ee-590d312e830f/1

New Kurosawa. Koinosuke should have been a master ventriloquist instead of a sham aikido master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Since I learned Mahjong, I've been reading Akagi since before I never finished it. The last 100 chapters really pick things up, except for that one weird arc near the end that seemed to drag on for a while. It had a pretty satisfying conclusion as well.

Afterwards, I started on Ten. I had tried to read Ten before, but found the first few chapters to be some of the worst manga I have ever read. It's no wonder I dropped it like twice before. But now I stuck through and it definitely gets better once the first big match starts. And now I'm up to the part where Akagi shows up, and while they're hyping him up to be this unconventional genius, thanks to the prequel series that was written afterwards (?), I can buy the hype. I want to see what kind of person he turned into. I'm also interested in how he got to this position given how anti-social the prequel series made him.