Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-New-Kurosawa/Vol-007-Ch-053--Apology?id=307879

He did it. He became a Boddhisatva

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

New Akagi chapter!!!!! Its happening!!! The detective makes a draw. And then he prepares to take another draw. What could possibly happen next???

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

New Akagi chapter!!!!! Its happening!!! The detective makes a draw. And then he prepares to take another draw. What could possibly happen next???

holy poo poo what a loving chapter that was

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HORkT4a2MhQ

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Je suis fatigue posted:

I skipped through basically all of the 3 chairs one because it wasn't Kaiji's gamble so I didn't care if they died or whatever. The poker has been really good. Like the 17-steps I appreciate that it isn't just straight poker, I don't know poker hands and didn't really have to understand Mahjong scoring to understand how 17-steps was played.

You deserve to be banned

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

New Gin to Kin!! Horse betting! Very little to no homo-eroticism in this chapter!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

theres some major truthbombs in this chapter

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

amazing

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

new akagi

we are so close. it's gotta happen soon. it's all going to end. washizu will die! go for it yasuoka!

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Akagi can't make a 4th kan, can he..?

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Prepare your self for the GREATEST ENDING OF ALL TIME

Does Ten actually go somewhere good? I fell off when it stopped focusing on cheating at mahjong and moved to the flow or whatever they called it.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

FAT BATMAN posted:

Akagi can't make a 4th kan, can he..?

nah

Cowwan posted:

Does Ten actually go somewhere good? I fell off when it stopped focusing on cheating at mahjong and moved to the flow or whatever they called it.

there are a few instance of some really cool cheating when the east vs west stuff starts, but a lot of it is flow + unique mahjong games. I liked it but the mahjong because is way uh heavier I guess I'd say than in akagi. the last 3 volumes is what it's really known for. goes from a good mahjong manga to something real special. imagine something in the same vein as the final chapter of kurosawa, but lasting way longer.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I just finished Kurosawa

God drat

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

alcharagia posted:

I just finished Kurosawa

God drat

Now start the New Kurosawa

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Cowwan posted:

...Yes.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Okay, I'll jump back on it at some point.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Sorry I was being non specific I think Ten has a very moving ending.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

I started reading Strongest Man Kurosawa again today. These pages really shocked me so I wanted to share them. I didn't remember this at all. For context, Kurosawa had just been kidnapped by delinquents.

I think this is how my dad felt whenever I played Gameboy in his car

Ytlaya posted:

My favorite thing about the Fukumoto manga I've read is how they always sympathize heavily with the working class and generally involves a lot of empathy towards people in bad situations.

Yeah this is why I like them too. The stories usually warn against bad habits like gambling or wasting your life on bullshit but it's never done in a cruel, moralistic way. The moral is usually something along the lines of "take risks to improve your life, don't be complacent or fatalistic, find solidarity with others", even if the risks the characters take are always real and sometimes end in people dying or getting hurt.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 2, 2016

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

everyone read the new kurosawa chapter right now, please

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

everyone read the new kurosawa chapter right now, please

Fukumoto Noboyuki for the God drat win!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

ahahahahaha

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Hahaha, I love when Fukumoto draws women. His trademark nose makes them charming.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

New Kaiji chapter. Another thrilling installment of Washizu poker...

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

New Akagi chapter. Yasuoka completes the process of a draw. But what tile? What loving tile is it??? Tune in next month.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

More importantly there's 2 new chapters translated from the Zawa-zawa anthology.
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Akagi-Zawa-Zawa-Anthology/Ch-031--You-Can-t-Play-Mahjong-On-An-Empty-Stomach?id=322610
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Akagi-Zawa-Zawa-Anthology/Ch-022--Akagi-s-Backfires?id=322609

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I'm amazed it only took one chapter for Yasuoka to pull his hand out of the draw pile.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

new kurosawa is out

i got chills when it became apparent that the arm wrestling showdown was gonna happen. kurosawa lost though so I was really sad. he was right though. it kind of wasn't fair. the kurosawa from 9 years ago would have won, but the kurosawa from the right now went from a 9 year long coma to being homeless. and being homeless means you dont get to eat well very often if at all. he hasn't had the chance to become strong again.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

new kurosawa is out

i got chills when it became apparent that the arm wrestling showdown was gonna happen. kurosawa lost though so I was really sad. he was right though. it kind of wasn't fair. the kurosawa from 9 years ago would have won, but the kurosawa from the right now went from a 9 year long coma to being homeless. and being homeless means you dont get to eat well very often if at all. he hasn't had the chance to become strong again.

Don't post the link or anything

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I hope that bunny girl gets to have Mr. Gasoline's baby.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-24/kaiji-manga-gets-playstation-vr-game-about-crossing-steel-beams/.108023#gallery_top

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That sounds insanely terrifying.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
New Gin to Kin and apparently they are making a live action

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

washizu no dont do it

Ringo Roadagain