Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

mdct posted:

Yeah the current situation they're in is 100% on Endou.
When it becomes clear he's following the wrong taxi because Endou only saw the first two numbers and the rest are different, that, too, will be 100% on Endou.

You just KNOW if it was one of the lackeys that only saw the first two numbers, Endou would have loving exploded screaming at them for being such incompetent fuckups who can't do anything right. But when Endou does it, well that's just an honest mistake - in fact, they're lucky he saw that much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

mdct posted:

Yeah the current situation they're in is 100% on Endou.
When it becomes clear he's following the wrong taxi because Endou only saw the first two numbers and the rest are different, that, too, will be 100% on Endou.

That was my guess too, but it looks like the same license plate from chapter 430 to now. Assuming the cab is empty Kaiji and crew must have bailed in the minutes between losing Teiai and getting spotted by Chuusuke. Or maybe it's a fake license plate or misdrawn to represent Endou's false certainty, who knows

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

During the few minutes they lost Kaiji, somehow they physically swapped plates with another taxi

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Yeah, very possible. Either way it's a plan that relies on shaking the tail and not getting re-spotted during the switch which feels pretty simple and risky for a Kaiji plan so I'm looking forward to seeing how the whole thing unfolds on their end

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
They're all crammed into the trunk and hoping that Teiaiaaiaiai goes away when the taxi driver picks up new passengers.

I really hope it's something like that. Like it's not a clever plan that Endou couldn't see through, but a plan so stupid that Endou couldn't think of it.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 29, 2022

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I did not have "Washizu battles demons with a cocktail skewer" on my Akagi bingo card. What an amazing manga :allears:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

At long long last, the climax to this arc.

Eat poo poo Endou.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ahh I am so happy to finally see the conclusion of this arc.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

he doesn't even get the satisfaction of smashing the phone lmfao

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think this may be the end of Endou he really screwed up here.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think this may be the end of Endou he really screwed up here.

Him asking Kaiji for clues was so pathetic lol

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Plutonis posted:

Him asking Kaiji for clues was so pathetic lol

Like what do you expect, your group is trying to steal the money they won from you and then send Kaiji’s crew to work till they die, they have no reason to tell you poo poo Endou.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Like what do you expect, your group is trying to steal the money they won from you and then send Kaiji’s crew to work till they die, they have no reason to tell you poo poo Endou.

It's very indicative of both how desperate he is and how little he thinks of Kaiji.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The strange part is that he made 4.5 million dollars off the bog and is still acting all crazy about this.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I can believe Endou loves his job (or at least the thrill of chasing people down) to the point where it's never been about the money.

that or maybe you don't exactly leave the eye of the yakuza when you get a windfall like that

also "loves" has way too many positive connotations for what I mean, perhaps

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

No Wave posted:

The strange part is that he made 4.5 million dollars off the bog and is still acting all crazy about this.

Was it actually that much? Kaiji wiki says he took 60m yen total, which is about 600k usd (currently it's only like 450k but the yen is kinda poo poo right now) and like... Yeah that's a lot of money, but it's not exactly "gently caress you I'm never working again" money. Doubly so when you work for the yakuza and probably owe them something. I'd also wager that Endou probably isn't the best when it comes to money management.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Is the current chapter the official end of the part? Been waiting for it to finish to binge through it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Evrart Claire posted:

Is the current chapter the official end of the part? Been waiting for it to finish to binge through it.

Not yet, but I think we are approaching the end.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Evrart Claire posted:

Nope, it's more that the latest chapter finished something that had been going on for awhile. Honestly while it's not the end of the part it might be a good time to catch up? There's a lot of shorter events going on in the current part instead of being dedicated to like one or two games and it has been a very nice change of pace.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The current part could wrap up soon or maybe go on for a few more years. It's impossible to tell, and in a way that's pretty exciting.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
loving OWNED

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

CodfishCartographer posted:

Was it actually that much? Kaiji wiki says he took 60m yen total, which is about 600k usd (currently it's only like 450k but the yen is kinda poo poo right now) and like... Yeah that's a lot of money, but it's not exactly "gently caress you I'm never working again" money. Doubly so when you work for the yakuza and probably owe them something. I'd also wager that Endou probably isn't the best when it comes to money management.
Kaiji got 60 million after getting scammed then spent it all on saving the 45ers + that guy's kid. The other 200 million of Kaiji's share was taken by Endou (who already had another 250 million or so from his share).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah Endou screwed Kaiji over like an rear end in a top hat.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Dude probably gave most if not all to stay in good graces and not be sent to the labour camps as a lesson given how Teai works.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

RE: New Kurosawa chapter.

Kurosawa's going to beat the poo poo out of that sword instructor

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh poo poo Kaiji is getting dubbed

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-11-21/kaiji-anime-english-dub-reveals-cast-november-28-debut/.192155

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

437-440
https://mangadex.org/chapter/a7af4d88-9bfa-48ab-adb3-312239c8c68b

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Excited to get first hand reactions from Hyoudou to the entire thing, hopefully we also get Kazuya's thoughts too. I've been waiting to see what kind of conclusion Kazuya came to after he woke up.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Can Of Worms posted:

Excited to get first hand reactions from Hyoudou to the entire thing, hopefully we also get Kazuya's thoughts too. I've been waiting to see what kind of conclusion Kazuya came to after he woke up.

Gunna lol if Kazuya tells Hyoudou that he lost the money in a gamble fair and square, and Hyoudou calls off the Kaiji chase and instead punishes him lmao

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I hope Endou gets owned here.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/MercuryFalcon/status/1597304970768183296

uhhhhhhh lol

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I kind of love it.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

kurosawa cant kick this guys rear end soon enough

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ringo Roadagain posted:

kurosawa cant kick this guys rear end soon enough

It's a really funny arc, the whole sword show is so ludicrous it will be satisfying when it crashes down.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
New Kaiji just in time for new years

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It’s so great watching Endou squirm.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
another Kaiji