Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

You'd think they could have just slipped the sheet under Kazuya before he fell and held it taut.

oh well whatever KAIJI WINS, time to see how he loses all his money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Zero was fun but we're never getting a part 3 are we :(

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Endou's downfall this time will come from the idiot he's dressing down mark my words

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I'm not sure who inspires me more, Togashi making GBS threads out napkin-sketches for HxH for YEARS and having to have them cleaned up for the tankoban

or Fukumoto who has his angular style and just owns it forever regardless of the cost

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

the cost of people not getting past the style. I mean I can read Ten front to back without thinking anything's wrong but for some people that's a dealbreaker

'some people' are wrong af

we got even more kaiji y'all

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

i didn't say his style wasn't effective, or hadn't evolved, or wasn't looked up to or emulated

just that it's ugly. i am basing saying this off of attempts to get others into akagi/kaiji and having been told "it's ugly." and when i hear that it's like "yeah you kinda right" because come on. it's awkwardly, consistently angular. all spikes and sharp angles. that's part of what most is amazing about his earlier art, watching the 80s vibe melt and become what's so striking now. the gambling world a'int friend shaped and the art reflects that and that's cool,

and still ugly

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Davedave24 posted:

I saved this image when going back to read some older stuff, the anatomy here is really something. He has improved for sure

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I can believe Endou loves his job (or at least the thrill of chasing people down) to the point where it's never been about the money.

that or maybe you don't exactly leave the eye of the yakuza when you get a windfall like that

also "loves" has way too many positive connotations for what I mean, perhaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

i don't disagree but i'm gonna argue anyway because i love to

yeah actually they will posted:

the first fkmt manga i read was the original strongest man kurosawa so in comparison this isn't THAT depressing. some people even think he's good [the three musketeers and kasumi]. no one thought kurosawa was good. he made friends with a cardboard cut out and the cardboard cut out died

nikaidou is tragedy because he's just one step behind, kurosawa is comedy because he was always an awkward goon, it just ends up working out for him. sort of. kind of. in a way of speaking. if you squint.