Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Is Hero actually good

I am a huge Hiroyuki fan but I always heard it was not good so I didn't read it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

this isn't really fair because I haven't read enough of fukumoto's later work, but it's hard not to read that chapter without thinking "maybe he doesn't have it anymore"

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

You can start with either; Akagi is the only character in both.

I love Ten but I think it might be easier to start with Akagi, since Ten has a weak beginning.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I love Hiro (obviously) but everything I hear about HERO just makes it sound really… dumb.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Ten indeed has quite a bad start, but it’s absolutely worth reading. I really like most of the mahjong players who are introduced later, and it’s very clear why Akagi was so popular he could drive a successful spinoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Best ending in the medium