Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have been reading the newest arc of Kaiji and it's still fun. The newest gamble is probably the most interesting one yet. I have a bit of difficulty with Majong based gambles because I don't understand the rules. The newest gamble in Kaiji is called One Poker and it's super easy to understand and fun to go through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am loving one poker.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I really want the next chapter in One Poker to come out already.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I honestly can't believe this ether. That was fast.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FAT BATMAN posted:

I can't believe Washizu is loving dead and none of the tension of the match is gone.

Even if he is revived he has lost.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Apr 1, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kaiji In the end Chang ruined it for Kaiji. He should have gone with divine providence. Rather then taking a second look.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly he is taking his loss rather well. Maybe because he came back from the dead.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Probably the best bluff he has ever done.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hypocrisy posted:

You mock Kaiji but his opponent is the fearsome Kazuya Fiveaces.

I think they are using like 3 decks of cards in the machine.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
2 more chapter for One poker are out.

Kazuya is still cheating with an advantage he has that Kaiji does not.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 14, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bit surprising thought we would do the third arc of Kaiji first.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New Kaiji stuff and it is looking like its the end soon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kazuya realized he hosed up and could actually die.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pewdiepie posted:

How long do you think Kaiji has been awake for? This is all on the same day as Minefield Mahjongg right?

Yep same night.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It appears Kaiji has won, but there is a different issue coming up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kazuya screwed himself.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Plus he had a way out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well Kazuya slipped up that it was true.

Anyway the next few chapters are downloadable.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 24, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pewdiepie posted:

Sahara (RIP). I wouldn't exactly say that Sakazaki betrayed Kaiji. IIRC he just kicked Kaiji out of his house because he's a freeloading piece of poo poo.

I don't think he has even formally kicked him out the house yet. He is just going to do so pretty soon, cause Kaiji is a freeloading piece of poo poo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Symbolic Butt posted:

so Kaiji went down and readjusted the net I guess?

Hyoudou casually being an insensitive jerk in the flashback was funny as poo poo

I found him being a concerned father about violent toys to be even funnier.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Kaiji will almost certainly go on to challenge the old man again.

... After Mario and Chang steal most of the money

Well he already plans to give them most of the money.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why the gently caress didn't they finish this into a full season!?

We may get it eventually. Hopefully.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

punk rebel ecks posted:

How the gently caress can you survive on 15k a year!?

This chart contains the average.

Animator's are payed by the page. So they tend to make crap.

It was a system that worked better in the older days for them. But the system was never updated.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 13, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hey is a guy describing it. An animator who moved to japan to work on something he loved.

Some guy who moved to japan to work on Anime posted:

The pay/hours change depending on who you are and what your job is. The best position (which only the best of the best can manage) is "freelance genga-man aka freelance key-frame animator" ... you can demand your own prices and actually take time off after project if you want. For everyone else (and definitely for inbetween artists like me), its as bad as the rumors. I worked at a slave-labor-inbetween-studio called "nakamura pro" for 8 months before moving onto Pierrot which is where I am now. At Nakamura pro we were paid $1 per drawing, meaning you earned between $5 and $25 a day. At Pierrot it`s way better... but still pretty bad. 1 drawing = $2-$4 .... so on any given day I can earn about $40. (HORRIBLE by anyone's standards.... but, if you want to work on cool anime, there's not much choice.)

...Each month at Pierrot I earn about $1000. ...... each month at my previous "slave-labor" studio, I earned about $300 a month...

quote:

Thurlow says the anime industry is "a particularly harsh industry, even by Japanese standards." People, he explains, are overworked to the point that they vomit, and crunch time is brutal. The less-busy periods are six-day work weeks, ten hours a day.

But, as he tells Buzzfeed, "When I was working as an animator in New York I could afford an apartment, buy stuff, and had time to 'live a life.'" But creatively, he was not happy with what he was working on. "Now everything about my life is utterly horrible, however the artist in me is completely satisfied."

So pretty much you want to move up from inbetweener, to key frame animator were the pay is better. Some can eventually get the Freelance job or chief animator jobs which are the best paying. But you have to go through hell first.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 13, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Azathoth256 posted:

I understood that animators are not paid well, but... There's a difference between bad pay and "literally would make more part time at a gas station". That's pretty awful.

As the Shriobako chart shows the Part Timer makes almost double what the animator does on average.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh yeah it appears Kaiji part 6 is called "24-Oku Dashutsu Hen" or "2.4 Billion Escape Arc"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also the new chapters are out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
More chapters are out for Kaiji. How will things go wrong?

They don't but Kazuya was even more a cheating bastard then was thought.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 29, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well first he has to get away with the money so as to prevent Hyoudo from taking it back.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man Sakazuki is stupid.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Tonegawa episode one second half is golden.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I was actually starting to be able to tell the Men in Black apart as well. Namely Saemon-Saburo and Yamazaki. But like Tonegawa can't tell a drat thing anymore.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ha Ebitani is gone from the opening.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Davincie posted:

did i miss something, how did he get from shrimp to lobster

I think lobsters are related to shirmp.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 22, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
And so the Chang gets lost arc comes to an end.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Turns out Chang getting lost helped them. And I am always happy to see Teiai look like Idiots considering how horrible they are.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

where the red fern gropes posted:

i like how he spends a huge amount of money on an outside trip and then just fucks around picking lint out of his socks until it's time to go home

It's actually not as much money as you would think. The Underground Currency is like worth 10% of a Yen. So it's like 500 bucks. So quite a bit yes, but Ohtuski has heavily gamed the system and is in no danger of running out of money. (Until Kaiji exposes him.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Symbolic Butt posted:

don't diss Otsuki, he's a hella popular character in Japan

Also he was from the Cee-lo arc, not the Bog arc.

Otsuki is interesting namely in that he is a debtor like Kaiji, but managed to turn his debt into an opportunity. Because of how he has risen in rank and gamed the system he is in, he makes more money then the average person. He could have easily cleared his debts by now, but has turned his debt into a well paying job.

Right before Kaiji beat him, he had been planning on going on a Hawaiian vacation for a few days.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 11, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New Kaiji Chapter.

Teiai and Endou are horrible people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
WEE-FEE WEE- FEE WEE-FEE.