Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Yeah I was convinced it would be another chapter or two. I'm sure some other disaster is coming but I'm so happy for Chang :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Poor Chang, hosed again. How much has he spent on cab fare at this point? If you go back to chapter 273 and look closely you can tell he got the name wrong but Jesus, even the translator seems not to have noticed

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
I'm sure there's at least one guy in the Trump administration who would take that bet

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
I mean Kaiji's also a legit gambling addict so I could potentially see him stealing from her or at least borrowing money and losing it. Anyway his mom seems cool and I hope his sister shows up too and they have a mini family reunion :3:

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
I'm pretty sure I know how Kaiji's gonna get out, the only question is how many more chapters it takes. I'm guessing 3

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
You know I think you might be right

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat

Official confirmation that FKMT hates rich people more than he likes gambling. Respect.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
These fuckin goofballs are gonna get arrested the second they step in the bank in those outfits holding 10 million yen

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat

Bummer. Thank you for your service, No-longer-FKMT-krazy.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
Are the live action Kaiji movies any good?

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat

Pewdiepie posted:

Center of the earth guy ftw.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
https://mangadex.org/chapter/834629/1

Pewdiepie posted:

Center of the earth guy ftw.

Still true

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
FKMTKrazy was going to translate it but I'm guessing they don't have the manpower since their main translator quit

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
I was hoping Fukumoto would be able to handle a female protagonist but it's not looking good

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
"Wow, imagine all the fun and exciting ways I could raise the stakes with a woman making the bets!"

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
The chapter title is right, it was a Clever Move

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
Whenever you're at your darkest moment in FKMTworld a kindly but eccentric, working-class, middle-aged man will step in to help you out

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat

mdct posted:

Yeah the current situation they're in is 100% on Endou.
When it becomes clear he's following the wrong taxi because Endou only saw the first two numbers and the rest are different, that, too, will be 100% on Endou.

That was my guess too, but it looks like the same license plate from chapter 430 to now. Assuming the cab is empty Kaiji and crew must have bailed in the minutes between losing Teiai and getting spotted by Chuusuke. Or maybe it's a fake license plate or misdrawn to represent Endou's false certainty, who knows

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
Yeah, very possible. Either way it's a plan that relies on shaking the tail and not getting re-spotted during the switch which feels pretty simple and risky for a Kaiji plan so I'm looking forward to seeing how the whole thing unfolds on their end

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat

MonsterEnvy posted:

Fukumoto had rougher art early on.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
That conversation was pure manipulation from the start, there was no way Endou could have talked his way into forgiveness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat

Buschmaki posted:

It's because while Kaiji may be good at gambling, unless he's talking to other losers he's hopelessly socially inept

I expected better from Chang