Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I'm actually enjoying the single player quite a bit. Being a mage makes you kinda squishy, and you can't really abuse skill canceling mechanics as you're doing a magic, not punching poo poo.

Also anyone turned away from the game due to the run uses mana mechanic doesn't need to worry about it. Just think it like stamina from monster hunter, can't just run around and then charge up your hammer on an empty stamina bar.

Besides, auto attacking regenerates mana, which I only learned about by accident when I ran out of it in an ediolon fight. Instantly made the game go from ugh gently caress this regen takes forever what am I gonna do wand it, to oh hey look for openings, regen mana with ranged rod attacks and then blast the bozo. I mean it still is essentially a crystal chronicles game, but it has gotten much better once I realized those two things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

deadly_pudding posted:

The skill cancelling mechanic is still there for mages, but the mechanical combos aren't as interesting. Mostly you just get a damage boost out of the Link mutation when you trigger it.

Really? I got the skill cancel sync yeaterday and it didn't show any possible mutations to my magic. Maybe I got a different one and thought it was the r8ght one.

Also, was not expecting my chocobo to get access to choco meteor so soon (or at all). How deep do the monster buddy mechanics go? Like, do I need to fuse for new monsters or further levels?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
How do you cancel magic then? I'm planning on going solo mage until I can hang with my brother later on like I do with monster hunter, and this sounds like useful knowledge.

• Locked thread