Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember playing Harvest Moon 64 and tending to my cows. Possibly some Smash Bros later in the evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

probably counter strike

terrorists win

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We should have a tasteful Twitch thon of every game mentioned in this thread with some thoughts and reflections sent in from some various Pimp Zoners about how gaming helped them cope with a post-9/11 world.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!! Muslim terrorists destroyed the World Trade Center and killed thousands. This is an outrage. Now our country's at war in Afghanistan! I can hardly believe it. Wait, what's that? Over there. What's that?

Haha, okay boys. You run off and play with your little War On Terror. All I'm concerned about now is the War On My loving Wallet!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If Halo had come out just two months earlier, 9/11 could have been prevented because terrorists would have struck an Xbox when trying to attack the Twin Towers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember the time my fifth grade teacher was talking to the class about the DC snipers and he got interrupted by the GBA startup noise

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I remember still be hyped for the dreamcasts release later that year on 4/20/1999 when Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, murdered 12 students and one teacher and also injured 21 additional people. The graphics were sick and the launch line up looked great, I remember bringing game informers and EGM to school to show them how sweet sonic adventure looked.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At a summer camp where I took a one day mini course on web design I used the time to make a Top 10 Video Games of All Time List!! By Me, Age 10
and I don't remember the list except for #2 was Sonic Adventure and #1 was Sonic Adventure 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should make good on Mario 128

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harvest Moon 64
Everquest
Donkey Kong Country 2
Age of Empires 2
Pokemon Crystal
Brood War
Gran Turismo 3
Final Fantasy IX
Metal Gear Solid
Diablo 2
Counter Strike
Oracle of Ages
ATV Off-Road Fury
Driver 2
Half-Life
Majora's Mask
Dragon Quest 1&2
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
SSX
Mario & Yoshi
Red Alert 2
Streer Fighter Alpha 3 (PSX)
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Crimson Skies
Team Fortress Classic
Sega Bass Fishing
Orphen: Scion of Sorcery
Baldur's Gate II

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be fun to play 10 minutes of every game on that list and then randomly swap out to a different one on a timer. Except for Everquest because I probably wouldn't even finish reading class descriptions in that time period

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I haven't played in 15 years but it was insanely fun in 1999-2001 as a teen and fighting a crocodile in the ocean and getting a magic weapon to fight wisps and ghouls and had tons of secrets. Agh my feels!

I'm actually mildly interested in Everquest Next, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

There were rumors circa 2002 that Saddam Hussein was buying 4,000 PS2s to build a missile guidance system.

They were to counterbalance the front of the missile because the missile engine was powered by the Xbox, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Now that I smoke crack all day and quit my job I think people need to post more and post more threads

I was going to post an FE thread, but, I already post 90% of the game specific boring megathreads, so i didn't want to be pigeonholed with that aesthetic, you know?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

an alternate timeline where modding diablo 2 becomes the base engine for every subsequent game that is created

I like that one huge mod, Eastern Sun or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

(kills Diablo for the first time)

/le loads up save again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal runs and chill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Check out this street fighter art that looks like Chun-Li and Ryu are standing near the towers or something

• Locked thread