Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I think the show is OK, I hope it gets better. But the original music they're using is kinda weak. It's a similar problem that Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip had, where they kept telling us the comedy sketches were top notch, but then they'd show them and they weren't. At least this show has existing 70s music to fall back on.

The actor playing the lead singer of the Nasty Bits isn't very good. Hopefully he'll OD or something and we'll be done with him. I think he's Mick Jagger's son though, so that's not likely.

I also long for the day that shows set in the 1970s in NYC will stop using Andy Warhol as set decoration. Or at least include a character who doesn't idolize him. I want to see a scene of Richie watching an Andy Warhol 'film' and then saying: "Wow, this is utter bullshit." And then the building collapses around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

Narcissus1916 posted:

"Difficult Men" and Alan Sepinwall's tv book go into some of the problem HBO has had.

They've become very insular and very very hard to pitch to. Netflix and Amazon have made it a priority to say "We'll take pitches from near everyone", even as they do tend to go with established talent.

Renewing Vinyl is a weird choice. I get that its fun to keep the guys around who made Wolf of Wall Street, but this is a bridge too far. They gave Milch room to make john of cincinnati, but also realized that the show wasn't coherent enough to work and summarily cancelled it.

This is... different.

I read an article that looked at what hour-long shows they had that were solid, and at this point it's basically Game of Thrones and...The Leftovers? True Detective might not come back, and might not be welcomed back after the last season. Westworld is apparently having some issues as well.

Without a 2nd season of Vinyl, they might have a big drought. Better to renew it and get it in the pipeline and try to fix the issues.

• Locked thread