Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Generation Internet posted:

I like to think all those self-propelled guns were towed there by horses because they used all their fuel for the year on that rocket.

hahaha horses you think they haven't eaten all the horses

why use animals when you have tiny malnourished men

millions of them.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I wonder if Brown Moses has given up. It was like "Oh the Russians are deploying this new version of the Armata" and now it's "yeh, hmg on a shopping cart."

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Well yeah a Javelin is gonna gently caress up anyone's day, jeez.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Tactical baguette delivery

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Probably on the very lower end of terrible poo poo they did

Yeah tell that to the Koreans. They still butthurt about it. (probably not literally though)

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I absolutely adore that BM-21 GRAD has it's own twitter account.

FRIENDSHIP WITH SS-18 SATAN HAS ENDED. NOW FRIENDS WITH BM-21 GRAD.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

I don't normally post Facebook vids but here goes nothing

https://www.facebook.com/BreachBangClear/videos/1014811228616050/

Trench shotguns w/ giant sword bayonets are extremely my poo poo.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Pretty sure everything about the combination gun/launcher was hot garbage and the missile basically didn't work.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Is...Is that a jet-powered catamaran?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

The Elcan C79 would be nice if the mount wasn't loose. I can feel it wobble around whenever I handle my rifle, and that's being as careful as I can be to not touch the optic.

Buddy guy you know better than that. That's not the optic's fault. That's "CAF has no money for weapons techs".

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

:(

If only the air force hadn't gotten their goddamn idiot hands into the shuttle program.

NASA: Ok we're gonna design this reusable space plane, it'll ride on a reusable liquid fuel booster, it's gonna make space cheap!
USAF: CAN IT CAPTURE A RUSSIAN SATELLITE
NASA: Um...not as it is right now. Does it need to?
USAF: YES CRITICAL MISSION REQUIREMENT. MUST CAPTURE SOVIET SATELLITES IN POLAR ORBIT, TAKE OFF, CAPTURE AND LAND IN 1 ORBIT

And that's how we got the shuttle. And that critical mission requirement was never used.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

ESDK posted:

This one?

Standardisation and Quality Control in Islamic State´s Military Production
http://www.conflictarm.com/download-file/?report_id=2454&file_id=2457

I work in manufacturing QC

ISIS is able to maintain a 0.1mm tolerance on their parts in the middle of a war zone, and they have a documented supply chain qualification system, AND a process management system. ISO auditors would be impressed.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Deathy McDeath posted:

The coast guard thing is kinda weird. Do they let just anyone attend a selection class? Like, if you were a high speed admin guy in an SF group who really liked crossfit, could you walk down the road and sign up to be a shooter?

I'd expect you'd at least need to be combat arms, that's the way it was for CSOR. You could be the most HSLD clerk or driver and you can apply for the CSOR support group, but not as a shooter. Needed to be infantry, armor, artillery or engineer.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

We've consistently lobbied for a cleansing nuclear death for years now. I don't think we're a big constituency. At all. And most of us have more than one DSM-V diagnosis. Other than pederasts and Anime lovers you won't find a shittier group of fucks to wipe your rear end with than GiP. And when you wipe poo poo you smear it, and god sees that and he's gonna strike you down.

I'm on a weed and oxycontin fueled late night mission to find my goddamn Kindle so I can watch the latest episode of The Expanse. So hooked. It's the SciFi equivalent of heroin. I'm hooked.

So pumped to find out Why EROs is moving itself and I guess the end resolution to Millers storyline. It's not even funny!

I'll be back in like 50 minutes to let you pecker heads know if the episode was dope or not.

✌️ peace bitches ✌️

Super dope my man. Also the scenes where Earth fires off half her nuclear arsenal with railguns is beautiful. This whole drat episode is gorgeous actually.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Surprised the Hornet had enough thrust to take the pilot's massive cast-iron balls airborne.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

National Lampoon's Beruit Vacation starring Mike Vinning.

I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Man the Finns have a weird mix of equipment.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

soy posted:

Eh probably works fine for dumping dead hookers and whatnot.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

no no you punch the grenade through the air, aka 'throw with a natural motion', obviously

Maybe it's the only way they could get people who've never mastered the fine art of catch to throw consistently.

hard to play catch when you don't know who your dad is

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

There is only one way to throw a grenade

EDIT: gently caress i can't find the gif of Buck Compton hucking a grenade like a baseball into a nazi's skull as it explodes.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

:stare:

Man WP is some nasty poo poo.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Richard Bong posted:

https://streamable.com/jnfkt

YPJ fighter almost gets schwacked by return fire.

WEARIN' YOUR GADDANG SHOWER THONGS IN THE AREA OF OPERATIONS LIKE A BUNCH OF COWBOY ELVISES

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

F-14 Fapcat?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I think that's the last thing a lot of Iraqis saw in 1991.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

vietnam.gif

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

goomsnarr posted:

It will be awesome to see the England / Scotland equivalent when Scotland eventually gets independence. I think Scotland will own every time, due to the tactical use of kilts.

and bagpipes.

and claymores.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

That part in Blueprint for Armageddon when Dan is talking about the gallows humor in the trenches where they'd having working parties digging up parts of their friends. "Bit of Bill! Another bit of Bill! Here's Bill's ugly head, Hi Bill!" Or the guy who died with his hand sticking up that everyone would shake as they passed by.

How do you not go completely batshit insane in a place like that? Would any of us not?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Just put'er in park, the parking pawl should handle it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Wonder if those posters are still available from SOF magazine

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Might have sold me if it was Johnny Hamberder.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I would legit buy a dick drawing book. I missed them previously.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

JUST GIVE ME RODS FROM GOD ALREADY

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

EBB posted:

mawp mawp

WHAT?

this constant ringing from artillery fire isn't normal?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Can like 3rd or 4th the CG being bitching loud and fun as gently caress to shoot.

Fun fact, don't shoot it standing in a puddle or you'll soak your boots and legs.

One of the best memories I have of the CAF is being on the CG range in LFCATC Meaford. There's a rusted out Sherman on the range and I was so gung ho like "yeah I'm gonna put a hole in grandpa's tank".

We each had two training rounds. First one is wildly off, so I adjust, and fire. I must have hit a weld or a sprocket or something because the thing just Sonic'd right on outta the range all GOTTA GO FAST with this awesome high pitched zinging sound. It looked like the fattest tracer you've ever seen headed deep into the training area.

In short Gustavs rule.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

When the Germans were using the Big Bertha Siege cannons (17 Inchers) they had to pack cotton into their ears, mouths and noses, move a football field away and fire the drat thing electronically because the overpressure would gently caress them up so bad.
I think regular field artillery gunners had it a little easier (unless they were getting counterbattery)

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

It was tradition. Just like the pantalon rouge, white gloves and kepis of the French or the Pickelhalb of the Germans.

Changes rather rapidly once the bullets met the meat.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Yeah thin plate did jack poo poo against musket balls, the amount of kinetic energy behind those things is bananas and caused horrible injuries.

Look at later war German Calvary for how they adapted. Horses with gas masks.

I can't remember what author said it but I always liked 'a generation of middle class love died in France'

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Eastern theater of WW1 is some :gonk: level poo poo for human butchery

brusilov offensive is some massed human misery. Or basically any of the Russian/Austo-Hungarian Empire battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Oh I got to use that poo poo once. GPS enabled and all fancy.

Except they forgot that gun tractors don't move all that much and killed all our batteries within the first day. Every move order took 4 times as long because we had to chain jump all our trucks.