Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Brown Moses posted:

I've seen one video from Syria where the guy climbs out afterwards with no feet, just bones sticking out his lower legs.

https://twitter.com/bm21_grad/status/708362666046259200

Is that the one where he's getting lit up as he tries to crawl away on the stumps? Brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

What are these two fine young men doing?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
It looked like it had quite a narrow fuselage, could it be a Cobra?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I'm the iPhone that won't load a webm 😢

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

gently caress me. I bet that was fun* for the guys in the back.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

VikingSkull posted:

just looked and it's the same dude firing from the same spot

lmao holy poo poo

Someone in the GiP thread said something like 'that went from incompetent to negligent really fast'.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Booblord Zagats posted:

This is the GiP thread

Well that's embarrassing.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I think that's fake.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Phanatic posted:

One of the BMPs that fires sends a round skyward at about a 45 degree angle. I'm going with "they don't practice much."

That was my take on it too. The whole scenario just screams panic and poor discipline.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_PkJ6uGOAM

Yet another man in the Middle East films his own death, because his entire sense of tactics is "Stand in the open near an APC and spray from the hip".

JFC what a shitshow. It reminds me of when me and all my other mid-40s buddies go playing paintball.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

LostCosmonaut posted:

Ukrainian "sniper rifle" (originally a ZU-23);

:stare:

I would LOVE to see some footage. Blimey.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

The real crime is not shooting the person who took the footage. Do they have Parkinson's?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Vahakyla posted:

I’m sure a junior Lieutenant Fuckface from Syriian Air Force has a whole lot of choice on what he gets to do and what not.

Still good riddance.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Took me a while to realise there’s a guy sat on it. Jesus Christ lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Force de Fappe posted:

I've loaded and shot hundreds of 84 mil rounds up through the years and watching him grasp the bell end when closing the breech is puckering. Wish they'd gotten genuine loads, especially the illumination rounds - even while the other rounds are earth-shattering, the illumination rounds bring it up another notch :catstare: Fortunately they're usually shot standing as a peloton ("Team One - fire! *counts down 25 seconds* "Team Two fire!" etc.) so you get more venting of gas and you don't get the percussive effect on your body. Hell of a bang though. Would've loved to see that poo poo in 3000fps, especially with the quiver test (put an empty 84mm quiver about five metres behind the gun when firing - it's fiber-reinforced polymer and strong as anything, and gets blown into smithereens, thereby inspiring recruits to Respect The Backblast and inciting the very good safety record in service, with no major injuries or deaths that come to mind. Unlike a certain unfortunate ANA runner during a hectic situation a few years back.)

I wouldn't fire any kind of refurbished launcher if you gave me a two-story house with a heated workshop.

Grasp the WHAT? :captainpop: