Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Vahakyla posted:

Some frontline journalism with great quality video of some Ukrainian SoF dropping mortar fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdZVNU93Bvs

"We are very lucky they are so loving stupid..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"It's an Allegiant Airlines flight."

"Clear to engage."

"All weapons free."

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Force de Fappe posted:

I've loaded and shot hundreds of 84 mil rounds up through the years and watching him grasp the bell end when closing the breech is puckering. Wish they'd gotten genuine loads, especially the illumination rounds - even while the other rounds are earth-shattering, the illumination rounds bring it up another notch :catstare: Fortunately they're usually shot standing as a peloton ("Team One - fire! *counts down 25 seconds* "Team Two fire!" etc.) so you get more venting of gas and you don't get the percussive effect on your body. Hell of a bang though. Would've loved to see that poo poo in 3000fps, especially with the quiver test (put an empty 84mm quiver about five metres behind the gun when firing - it's fiber-reinforced polymer and strong as anything, and gets blown into smithereens, thereby inspiring recruits to Respect The Backblast and inciting the very good safety record in service, with no major injuries or deaths that come to mind. Unlike a certain unfortunate ANA runner during a hectic situation a few years back.)

I wouldn't fire any kind of refurbished launcher if you gave me a two-story house with a heated workshop.

I was a designated gunner for the Gustav, and I can attest to all of the above. That loading procedure made me very nervous.