Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Burt posted:

Question.

This is one of the first pictures I have seen of a black special operations dude.

Is that actually a thing that there aren't many black guys in these unit? If so is it a deliberate thing?

yes its a real thing

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Black guys always seemed go Motor T and Legal/Admin in the Marines. Though I did know two Scout Snipers who were black dudes, but both grew up in upper middle class suburbs of San Antonio. I figure after the draft threw them in to so much poo poo in Vietnam their veteran family members wisely told them to go POG and get a skill set they can do something with

this might just be a marine thing. % of enlisted black service members by branch in 2014: army 23.6%, navy 19%, air force 16.2%, marines 11%

so theyre overrepresented in the army and navy, right about national average in af, and underrepresented in the marines. i also found another statistic (unsourced from a blog post) that claimed 1/4 of all enlisted black soldiers are combat arms. my anecdote is that in my line company we only ever had a handful of black guys, and asian dude here or there, a couple amindians, and atleast 1/3 hispanic

the more interesting thing from that demo report is amount of enlisted pay grades per branch. biggest # per branch: af and navy e5, army e4, marines e3

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

I think other ethnic groups are simply smart enough to not buy into the "go kill people for the USA and jesus" rhetoric. As booblord said its probably because the older folks in those communities remember Vietnam and know its all bullshit.

something like 12% of the military was black, but they made up 25% of combat arms. translated into about 25% of casualties being black during the opening years. there was justifiably a lot of criticism from civil rights leaders, and the pentagon instituted several reforms that brought it down to 13% of casualties were black by 67. by the end of the war it was below 10%. all told, blacks made up 12.5% of vietnam casualties. even though it was corrected, its pretty understandable that the early years fuckery would leave a lot of bad memories in the black community. couple that with all the civil rights upheaval and lovely treatment of blacks in general, its easy to see why they werent crazy about dying in some white mans war

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
bear in mind white hispanics are included in that white category, dod doesnt break them out in their numbers usually. dunno what the gently caress hispanic one race is

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zeris posted:

Hot takes on hot takes! Can't wait

only one shitposting is kawasaki, and its totally in keeping with his cunty style :shrug:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

boner penis posted:

buckshot gonna do what buckshot gonna do

two_finger.gif

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

always weirds me out when you dont hear dudes screaming allah ackbar at the end of these vids

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

aphid_licker posted:

That airburst thing is just a dick move. Imagine being at the end of the trench and having five seconds to dwell upon the things the future holds in store for you.

hopefully someone is johnny on the spot with a smaw or javelin while its slowly walking fire in

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i will never forget this day. the day i came to hue city and fought one million nva gooks

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mad Dragon posted:

It's definitely not a BMW.

yea because its a 3rd gen mercedes ml class

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

here it is, the only actual interesting tidbit to be gleaned from that pile of propaganda horseshit

russia is loving retarded

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
wodka, tovarisch. wodka happened

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

not caring here posted:

Whatever happened to that idiot who just about severed his leg?

pretty sure the lawnmower man got his poo poo severed fully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

We constantly had to cease fire at Texas range outside KAF because the brass catchers would show up in the middle of our range session.

shouldve introduced them to lead catching imho :twisted: