Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

This one looks like the footage from the 700kt A-bomb the Brits were hoping would exceed a megaton in order to dupe the public that they already had the H-bomb, when they hadn't.
They were scrambling to produce enough tritium, but in their haste, they hosed up their nuclear facility at Windscale.

Speaking of Windscale, this is the hilarious setup of that plant.

"That's right. Let's just ramrod fuel elements in aluminum-finned casings through a giant air-cooled graphite core and have them drop into a little water basin on the other side?
No, we don't need air filters for the giant chimney. What? Some douchebag is making us install huge filters anyway? Let's call the filters something that mocks his name then, boy will he feel stupid when the graphite core never catches fire.
We need to convert fuel quicker? gently caress it, let's just make the casing of the fuel elements thinner so they get hotter, what could possibly go wrong.
What's that? Elements got stuck and caught fire? Turn up the fan, we'll just blow the fire out.
Okay, so turning up the fan made the fire spread, let's douse it in water, blazing uranium/aluminium really likes water."

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The best thing about that documentary is the nonchalant way the Brits are talking about their one-on-one with a no-poo poo-molten-down graphite reactor with burning fuel elements.

"Bit of a blaze, covering looked a wee bit dodgy."

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Duke Chin posted:

I dunno the engine block seemed to resist that mine pretty well then rapidly went "nah, nope, I'm outta here fuckfaces!" in turkish.

nah , hayır , ben buradan fuckfaces değilim !

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

Predators in the sky, painted like grinning sharks, all matte grey replaced with well-polished chrome. 113's are now covered in rusted metal spikes and pictures of throbbing cocks. The FOB that gets the most kills in the most impressive ways in the AO becomes "Witnessed" and NATO rents out the entirety of Amsterdam for them on a 3 month leave. Islam dies within the decade and is replaced with the worship of a Minute Man painted in bright silver krylon with the words "Perfect in every way" and a touching mural of a naked Katy Perry being hosed by Christina Hendricks using a model of the Enola Gay

The world never again knows peace

only purpose

:frogon:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Pictured: The only ordnance ever dropped by our Tornados because money :downs:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What is it with people from countries that were absolutely ravaged by Nazis & the Holocaust worshiping Hitler

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Zeris posted:

Where is my 111th Twitch Brigade livestream where I can vote on their fire missions and tip for really sick room clears?

That's cool and all, but I'm hoping for Twitch plays 111th Brigade.

As much as I expected nothing to come from Twitch plays Pokemon, and then had my mind blown that it only took 80k viewers to finish the game in 48 hours by spamming left/right/up/a/lul/kappa/swastikas in chat, I expect the internet to solve the middle east in like a week.

...and then put anime or memes there, idk.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

LostCosmonaut posted:

My brain misread that as this kind of 203 and I was all "holy poo poo".

I googled '203' and was all 'hell yeah'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYglaXihVwY&t=460s

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Drone operator: "I think I've got something here...wait, nope, it's just a moving piece of desert, complete with exhaust smoke, heat emissions, and a gun barrel sticking out of it, nothing to see here."

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Gotta minimize profile :downs:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Naked Bear posted:

Boosting the other team's kill:death ratio.

It's called feeding, DUH

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

That huge addon armor wedge on the M113 looks so goofy.

Those hinges look like it's supposed to flip down or forward like on that, uh...that goofy corps lamphibious apc with the skirts and the bushmaster, whatever it's called.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Didn't Arpaio have Seagal on his payroll on-andoff as some honorary deputy and then let him take some doors with half the department?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That ghetto-MLRS made me laugh pretty hard.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Maimgara posted:

Its labeled as "IS T-55 VBIED", does that mean Daesh have graduated to suicide tanks?

I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around no-poo poo tanks being efficient vessels for VBIEDs. When their ammo cooks off, that's a spectacular boom, but it blows the turret and the hatches off, doesn't it? Not sure you could get enough high-quality, non-ghetto explosives into a T-55 to make an explosion go in a direction other than where the shape of the hull dictates it to go...?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Dude's got some serious stones.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That rate of fire sounds a little more like an MG42

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ded posted:

Which is what the mg3 is based off.

With a lower rate of fire, yes.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

jizzy sillage posted:

MG42 - 1200 to 1500 rounds per minute
MG3 - 1200 rounds per minute

So technically, yes, but :cmon:

This isn't so much about pretending that I'm super knowledgeable about either, but one of the two is a firearm that you let off the leash with a bit of a growl. The other is an actual relic that burns through ammunition so fast it makes you contemplate your life decisions.

Though, realtalk: I've never switched out one of the Knochensaege barrels, so I guess I don't get to talk

/eidt:
Jokes aside, that day I did the MG3-SÜ3, and to this day, all I wanted to do is chill and have a beer

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 27, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I know it's not exactly military and there's nothing going boom, but this pilot has brass loving balls and almost made his DC10 go boom.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Here's something that went boom (or whoooosh, I guess)

Hubble caught a relatively close red giant in the middle of the stage where it violently sheds its outer gas layers at close to a million km/h and creates a nebula.

poo poo's pretty, yo.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Phanatic posted:

That's just a little prick.

Mexican cops kill a cartel head and 7 of his goons via minigun:

https://youtu.be/wIUZL7nqmYU

That poo poo was metal as gently caress.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My related video: A dude that doesn't really want to be like the highspeed operators, he wants to be like the Youtubers that emulate the highspeed operators.

You know, the ones that have mastered tactical talking and explaining, tactical enunciation, and tactical knifehanding while pop-and-locking every loving movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2SbbdW6S_g

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Reverand maynard posted:

I read lone survivor twice: once before I joined then the other towards the end of deployment. It's almost comical how bad they hosed. 4 man team gets compromised by kids, continue recon mission, all but one dies. All of that could have been avoided if they had extracted after getting compromised.

I genuinely thought they made that part up for the movie. We're compromised? Nah, lets go on lol

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Well, those dudes are certainly pretty dead :(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If you haven't heard the story of the Widerstandsnest 62, and its infamous Butcher of Normandy, there's a German documentary about it, pretty sure it's either dubbed or has subtitles.

The documentary highlights how Severloh (probably) injured an American on the beach, and they became pen-pals after the war, and eventually met on the beaches below the Widerstandsnest and memorial obelisk during the big 60 year anniversary of the landing.

poo poo was pretty intense.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Stolen from the OSHA thread:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

A subsonic .50 round? Jesus :stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I get that it's funny to gently caress with people, but doing that as an instructor during training is supremely dumb.

We have pretty severe rules against that due to the whole crying-wolf-desensitizing mechanic.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Did instructors do any of that poo poo to y'all in training?

Nah, the poo poo instructors do in glorious Deutschland is leagues more inane and dumb.

One of our outgoing E-6s that liked me once hid a DM22, which is basically a giant loving blank grenade for training purposes, under my pillow as a parting gift. He did not understand the concept of me not wanting to unknowingly sleep on live munitions, nor having controlled items in my possession. In hindsight, I should have just sold that poo poo or hosed with someone else.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh my days.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, it pretty much looks like broom dude ran up to the dude and popped him in the head twice.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

suboptimal posted:

https://youtu.be/jg_mZv_SdZw

Skrillex kinda looks like that PissPigGrandpa guy, like brothers caught on opposite sides of the war

Sick drop

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Welp, I did not

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

This is supposedly the aftermath of the MOAB hit.

It's parts of :stare: and parts of :flaccid:, but I'm assuming it did what it was supposed to do by eradicating the little settlement and loving up everyone and everything in the cave, since it looks like it was pretty close to the entrance.

https://www.dvidshub.net/video/521296/site-gbu-43-b-nangarhar-afghanistan

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

werent the dangers of steroid use hilariously overblown? or is it that theres safer steroids than anabolics nowadays?

I've bookmarked the steroid thread for a while now, and between performance reports, and dosage recommendations for space-name-medicine, there's dudes saying "help, I'm growing boobs", and "don't want to go into details, but the missus is really happy with the side effects WINK loving WINK", so, uh...

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

being a huge ripped dude is real fuckin stupid for infantry/sf work since you need huge amounts of oxygen to move those slabs of beef, so you eventually turn purple and die after running 500 yards straight

kinda reminds me of when that polish strongman tried to get into mma. he was real scary for 90 seconds until he gassed, then you could just push him over

just looked him up, the shady polish org he fights for is still setting him up with cans to smash lmbo

Witness the fitness of the modern warrior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipx7w_YdKhY&t=5s

Bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wfcQVxV5Cw&t=497s

Also: If you google Mike Vining, you get a basketball coach from Wikipedia and a Know Your Meme page before any pertinent results, what in the everloving gently caress?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 1, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Phanatic posted:

Jesus Christ. Army photographer's last photo when the ANA mortar crew she was shooting had their tube blow up:

And the ANA photographer's last shot as well:

Well, those certainly are two deceased gentlemen right there.

/edit:

I dare not ask, but is that on the right side in the first picture still the explosion, or is that...blood mist? :stare:

/edit2:

Nevermind, looks like it's the explosion, but still, goddamn

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Missionary Positron posted:

Most of the Russian vehicles/armor have been axed/are in the process of being axed. The only yuge outlier is the fleet of BMP-2s, which was modernized and operates alongside CV9030s. Russian SPGs are also being replaced with Korean K-9s.

No idea why the armored brigades are still using MTLBs, tho.

I like that the system has this automated ammo-buddy system on the same chassis, with a totally non-phallic resupplying process.

That reminds me to check out some of those South Korean masturbatory mass-howitzer barrage videos.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:lol:

Even his buddies are dying of laughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That's pretty cool, actually.