Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

mlmp08 posted:

Right but I'm not sure the average dude watching "Commando" took it nearly as seriously then as people do now.

80s was cartoon action, made to be entertaining and only entertaining. New action tries to be realistic, artful and maybe entertaining in the case of poo poo like Hardcore Henry and John Wick. Problem is most film makers aren't nearly good enough to pull off more than one, much less all 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

my kinda ape posted:

Gun people are the worst

It's like anything else, when you only have one part to your entire personality, you're going to be a loving rear end in a top hat. Don't matter if it's guns (Gun nuts), cars(Hella Flush), pets (Crazy cat lady), politics (ugghhhh) or videogames (twitch). If you're one dimensional, everyone but people exactly like you will hate you

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://i.imgur.com/QIFaHl0.mp4

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
That dude has got to be banned from every claw machine in the state

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

He looks like Korean Wilford Brimley.

Hello new nickname for my dong

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

not caring here posted:

While a bit goofy looking, that VKS sounds like it'd own bones.

Russian guns are always cool, either on purpose or by hilarious accident

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Frosted Flake posted:

But why use solid bronze then? Wouldn't the heavy weight be a detriment?

Penetration is the primary goal of bronze ammo, and a giant hunk of it traveling just shy of the sound barrier would penetrate pretty well as far as relatively slow moving projectiles go

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Jaguars! posted:

Q: What nation and unit does the man standing next to the women's auxillary baloon corps and thinking "One day I hope to supply my family with that much food" come from?

NNNnnooooorrrrrrrmmmmmm!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

aphid_licker posted:

That civilian kill ratio for loyalist paramilitaries, yikes.

Mostly due to the "Loyalists" constantly trying to false flag the IRA with civilian casualties instead of actually fighting the IRA. The whole thing was a nightmare for the two actual countries (UK and Ireland) witht heir two retard little brothers (UVF/UDF and the IRA) feeling the need to support them with force instead of just cleaning house on their end.

Anglican as gently caress, really

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Man, pretty intense airsoft video

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

What a lovely earring

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Black guys always seemed go Motor T and Legal/Admin in the Marines. Though I did know two Scout Snipers who were black dudes, but both grew up in upper middle class suburbs of San Antonio. I figure after the draft threw them in to so much poo poo in Vietnam their veteran family members wisely told them to go POG and get a skill set they can do something with

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

this might just be a marine thing. % of enlisted black service members by branch in 2014: army 23.6%, navy 19%, air force 16.2%, marines 11%

so theyre overrepresented in the army and navy, right about national average in af, and underrepresented in the marines. i also found another statistic (unsourced from a blog post) that claimed 1/4 of all enlisted black soldiers are combat arms. my anecdote is that in my line company we only ever had a handful of black guys, and asian dude here or there, a couple amindians, and atleast 1/3 hispanic

the more interesting thing from that demo report is amount of enlisted pay grades per branch. biggest # per branch: af and navy e5, army e4, marines e3

Terminal Lancing is bad enough in a lot of MOS' to explain why that would happen, but I am surprised to learn that Islanders/Filipinos aren't a larger part of the Navy and Marines. 07ish at Pendleton looked like downtown Manila some days. Also, another odd experience I had was most black dudes I know from my time were all very vocal about being 4 years and out from day one, since they seemed smart enough to just be there for the GI Bill

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Force de Fappe posted:

So what you're telling me is white people are dumb?

That or more blood thirsty, either way, we're cool with it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Missionary Positron posted:

Here's a look at the spring's hottest new fashion trends straight from the joint FIN/US/NOR-mechanized forces exercise: cover your armor in fir tree branches, until it looks like a suspiciously flat and wide tree.

LOL someone's been watchin the OG Red Dawn

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Missionary Positron posted:

One more fashion shot:

I had no idea the MGS Stryker variant was still in use.

What? I just see a tree protecting it's valued 2nd Amendment right

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

always weirds me out when you dont hear dudes screaming allah ackbar at the end of these vids

I figure it's implied enough what with the turbans and diddler beards