Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

One of the great tragedies of the Soviet Union is that the reactions of the guys in the paint shop weren't recorded when that work order rolled in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Some days, it's just not your day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn5Qu4Z0upc

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

M-M-M-MONSTERKILL

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Florida highway patrol still does quite a bit of it. They use a Cessna 182.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

chitoryu12 posted:

I think the numerous Russian special forces have more Glocks than native Russian pistols in their inventories.

I would too, if I were their armorer.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

go3 posted:

he is yalls spirit animal, Patron Saint of GiP

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

ded posted:

Massive structural damage from the loss of the tail area + resonance from the rotors would guess.

The transmission and remnants of the tail rotor shaft probably liberated themselves from the rest of the airframe.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Godholio posted:

It's tagging an AH-64. Was it here that we had the discussion over the value of rotary CAS?

I think it's an AH-1, but the point is equally valid.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Naked Bear posted:

Ah, yes, those few, blissful minutes of peace when you can take a dump in the desert without anybody hassling or

http://i.imgur.com/azncRdX.gifv

Don't poo poo on the LZ.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I'm the guy loading mags from loose cartridges under fire, while using my buddy as cover while he bleeds out.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Anyone still have the picture of some poor fuckers PIV card encased in riveted sheet aluminum?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

ded posted:

They could zero in counter battery via volume of allahu ackbars.

I don't understand how all of these videos aren't of the found-footage variety where the end is cut off abruptly by vicious, immediate return fire. I know I sure as hell wouldn't stand around and shout while watching the secondaries; It's time to break down the launcher and bug the gently caress out the moment the rocket hits home.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Naked Bear posted:

Mother of God.

:colbert:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

hostile apostle posted:

Welcome to the military!

I'm almost terrified to ask what Tips #1 and #2 were.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Is the flight computer just blaring out TERRAIN TERRAIN the whole time?

TAWS has a circuit breaker.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Godholio posted:

That ship is completely hosed. It just takes a while to actually fill up with enough water to sink. Ships going down in <5m are exceedingly rare. The spine of that ship was snapped like a twig by that torpedo near the bow, which is exactly what the torpedo is supposed to do. The entire front end is basically being held on by the few surviving internal walls in that section.

And she was hit while sitting still, not moving at 30+ kts, and maneuvering. I don't think the bow would still be attached if she had been at speed.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Do you get a discount on the open bar when you hold five weddings that close to each other?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

They could probably pay for the test just by live-streaming it in 4K.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Inshallah

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

iyaayas01 posted:

that museum really needs a BUFF

e: but the stained glass is real cool

e2: abu hajaar meets Col Hogan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMQwYYr-F2U

Holy. poo poo.

:boom:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Third World Reggin posted:

texas leads the way with drone striking citizens

:captainpop:

ded posted:

I've always wondered how something with so much thrust could be held in place and not destroy itself.

Bolts. Comically huge bolts.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

chitoryu12 posted:

I was somewhat surprised and terrified the first time I worked on a crane. We were attaching the jib (basically a lattice boom extension on the end of a telescoping boom to give it some extra reach). Turns out the entire thing is attached by 4 pins about the size and shape of an ice cream cone, which you can relatively easily remove with a one-hand sledgehammer as long as everything is adjusted to line up right. Attaching and detaching the jib involves only having two pins attaching it to one side of the boom, so you can tie a rope to it and swing it around by hand on the pins like a giant hinge.

The wings on a Cessna 152 are held on with four 5/16 bolts per side, loaded in shear. One near the leading edge at the join to the fuselage, one just forward of the flap at the fuselage, and one on each end of the wing strut. In trade school, we'd take them out of the shop airplanes and then have show-and-tell with the part 141 flight school students down the hall. :haw:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

mlmp08 posted:

You can point out how a more optimal weapon exists all day. But ultimately getting a missile or two shot into your platoon blows.

Speaking of napalm...

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I'm the guy spraying his AK out the window of his Apache.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

aphid_licker posted:

It's really getting to me how bleakly stupid this seems. Ride into battle over the squashed and mummified remains of your predecessors, flail around for a bit like a chicken sans head, die, get mashed into the pavement by your terrified ride. No end in sight. The only thing about this effort that isn't half-assed is the dying, that's for keeps.

ThePastSixtyYearsInTheMiddleEast.txt

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Godholio posted:

Hey guys, does anybody here like sex, pizza, and breathing?

Who wants to see amazing pictures of naked women flying hanggliders?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Booblord Zagats posted:

Predators in the sky, painted like grinning sharks, all matte grey replaced with well-polished chrome. 113's are now covered in rusted metal spikes and pictures of throbbing cocks. The FOB that gets the most kills in the most impressive ways in the AO becomes "Witnessed" and NATO rents out the entirety of Amsterdam for them on a 3 month leave. Islam dies within the decade and is replaced with the worship of a Minute Man painted in bright silver krylon with the words "Perfect in every way" and a touching mural of a naked Katy Perry being hosed by Christina Hendricks using a model of the Enola Gay

The world never again knows peace

only purpose

This is why I choose to believe in parallel universes.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDe-RF7lxaA

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Reverand maynard posted:

Also bullets go through car doors right? I thought the only good cover was the engine block.

Also I want someone to do that in a moving car and get their skull smashed in by the door.

Cars are really, really lovely cover. Bullets not only penetrate nearly every part, but get randomly deflected by just about every surface. The only good part of being in a car during a gunfight is the mobility you have if it's still running.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Pesticide20 posted:

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll attack the capitol following the inauguration and we end up with someone decent in charge. That seems about as likely as anything else happening these days

I'd like to be the first to welcome President SwarmBot01 to the office.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Dead Reckoning posted:

OTOH, most ISO auditors can't hang non-compliant suppliers from lamp posts and set them on fire.

Yet another flaw in ISO 9001.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

My favorite anecdote about the AN-2 is the flight manual emergency procedures for engine failure at night or in IMC is to close the throttle, put out full flaps, pull the yoke all the way back, hold it there, and keep the wings level. The aircraft will go into a stall, and mush forward into the terrain at something like ~25kts , which is probably pretty survivable no matter what you hit.

If I had ¥$€£FuckYou£€$¥ I'd have an AN-2. The fuel burn is absolutely hilarious, though. Money has to not be an object.

:ussr:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I know it's not exactly military and there's nothing going boom, but this pilot has brass loving balls and almost made his DC10 go boom.

:black101: as fuuuuuuuuuuck

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

:perfect:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

my kinda ape posted:

How are the Iraqis so *incredibly* bad at fighting?

Inshallah

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Gentlemen, I give you the pubes of our enemy.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mmmmmmmm, Gyrojet.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I wonder when the last time Trent Reznor and Yo-Yo Ma appeared on the same soundtrack.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I can't judge how practical any of that is, but it kinda (well mostly) seems like the gun equivalent of martial arts that is more about stunts and breaking wooden boards than anything practical.

It is... gunkata.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLXUn_s8nM4&t=176s

Equilibrium is the best bad movie ever made, and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Definitely retardant; They’re wearing fire numbers.

I immediately assumed it was 5606, too. :v: